Additional Experience Verification

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks..I will look into that..
texas also requires all the experience "at the time of application". you CANT ANTICIPATE experience. it's new to me that some state (arizona) allows the candidates to sit for the exam before the required experience. Now I don't know how much before? I mean how much is the minimum requirement for the experience? if u have a masters degree then you will need 3 years of experience and not 4 years.

this is regardless of resident or non-resident. yes, a state like florida will give you hard time if your bachelors is not from ABET accredited college.

I know how it is to just get the exam out of your way as soon as you can, but don't go beyond your limits. It's exdciting to see a pass letter for a PE but that's not the end of the world. The experience is what counts, so take one step at a time.

Good luck and congrats for passing the EI!!

Hello guys,

I passed the FE Oct 07, and I’m planning to take my PE in CA...I have 4 year B.S Degree from Abet College and 3 Years of experience ...any one knows if I could be illegible to take the exam in CA in Oct 08, or I have to hold 4 years of experience....please advice...thanks to all of you

Hello guys,I passed the FE Oct 07, and I’m planning to take my PE in CA...I have 4 year B.S Degree from Abet College and 3 Years of experience ...any one knows if I could be illegible to take the exam in CA in Oct 08, or I have to hold 4 years of experience....please advice...thanks to all of you
You only need 2 years in Cali. I took the Cali PE after 2 years and passed. Then I played the waiting game here in Texas. They require 4 years (3 with a Master's Woot!). I sent my Texas app 6 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for approval. Days are going by very slowly. This is almost worse than waiting for the PE results.

Hello guys,I passed the FE Oct 07, and I’m planning to take my PE in CA...I have 4 year B.S Degree from Abet College and 3 Years of experience ...any one knows if I could be illegible to take the exam in CA in Oct 08, or I have to hold 4 years of experience....please advice...thanks to all of you
According to CA Board Rules, you only need to have 2 years of experience after having a Bsc Degree from an ABET college. You can find this information in their FAQ file about the PE exam. So you are more than qualified to take the PE OCT 08 exam. :thumbs:

Back