ACI 318-05 Pertinent Info

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pleasepass

Reaction score
Can someone please help me to identify what information (e.g., formulas or sections) I should REALLY be concerned with in this standard? I took the exam awhile back (failed miserably) and can't recall if I used this and if I did, I wasn't able to find the appropriate info anyway. Seems like alot of the problems I've worked to study the 2nd time didn't call out it's use. Any help is greatly appreciated... Thx!

I've only used it on a couple questions out of the 100+ I've worked. lately I've considered not bringing it to the exam. Might just burn time flipping pages. This is the first time I'll be taking it, so I'm interested to hear more input as well. Is there a condensed version with just equations and tables??

If you are a Const. depth and already have ACI 318-05, don't bother with 318-08. I would use it and not look back. As far as what to use it for? Read through the major points, tab up the w/c vs. cement type, definitions, constants, additives.

Back