Abandoned Things

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have walked the bobsled run in Lake Placid a few times... I couldn't believe that the Sochi venue had so much plywood. Placid was the nearest decent shopping when I lived up that way... kind of makes me miss NY a little... they let you go down the thing in the winter too. http://www.whiteface.com/
I used to go on a fishing/camping trip up that way years back. Beautiful area up there. I'm pretty sure that I fished near the base lodge

I have walked the bobsled run in Lake Placid a few times... I couldn't believe that the Sochi venue had so much plywood. Placid was the nearest decent shopping when I lived up that way... kind of makes me miss NY a little... they let you go down the thing in the winter too. http://www.whiteface.com/
I used to go on a fishing/camping trip up that way years back. Beautiful area up there. I'm pretty sure that I fished near the base lodge

Beautiful but when you live there you do tend to need some sort of civilization... Star Lake, Cranberry Lake, heck even Saranac Lake aren't touristy towns... though Saranac had a mcdonalds and a grocery store... anything else you had to drive over to Placid or back to Watertown...

My son participated in a youth hockey tournament at Lake Placid. Pretty cool place and they got to play on the "Miracle on Ice" rink.

I can't really see the math working out for these countries that host the Olympics and have to build everything for a few weeks of use if the host country doesn't have the ability to turn say Sochi into the next "steamboat" ski resort?

Most of what Atlanta built got used. Stadium went to the Braves. Gymnastics arena became a basketball / hocky Arrena.. The Rivers that hosted the kayaking and such are all still used today

The shooting events and such were turned over to private use and I think they later went belly up..

The Olympic dorms went to Ga State (big downtown university) they did settle a foot or so- shitty geotechnical work! But most of all that stuff got used and I think it was one of the lowest Olympics build out interns of public dollars..

I was in army NG at the time and had to work. It totally sucked and I hope to never live in a city that hosts it again!

Wow I just looked up Richard Jewell and he died see real years ago.. He was pretty young....

That's a great ride... It's on my bucket list to ride the whole thing in a jeep with the dog, wife can come if she wants to.....

I was on my honeymoon at the same time and place Eric Rudolph was being hunted.

Who was the actual guy, not Richard Jewell.

After looking at the DeadMalls.com site yesterday, I started to wonder if our mall was going the same way. The candy store I frequent is going to be closing. The Subway closed. I'm not sure what's keeping that place open.

Eric Robert Rudolph - Who was the world record hide and seek player for a while..

I sadly knew a lot of people that wished him well (wacho serious anti-abortion types)

I think he know lives in Colorado (Rudolph) I learned via facebook a guy I went to HS with works at the prison where he is housed.

Back