AASHTO - Guide For Design of Pavement Structures + 1998 Supplement

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John QPE

Straight Outta Compton
Reaction score
The pavement design guide is listed as a required reference on the NCEES website.

I was able to secure a copy of the 1993 guide through work, however, we do not have the 1998 supplement.

I actually found a PDF of what is called the 1998 supplement in the Texas A&M resources; however, it is only 22 pages, Amazon shows this at 70+ pages.

Does anyone know what I may have here? Do I even need this reference at all (I've never seen anyone mention it).

Thanks

The pavement design guide is listed as a required reference on the NCEES website.

I was able to secure a copy of the 1993 guide through work, however, we do not have the 1998 supplement.

I actually found a PDF of what is called the 1998 supplement in the Texas A&M resources; however, it is only 22 pages, Amazon shows this at 70+ pages.

Does anyone know what I may have here? Do I even need this reference at all (I've never seen anyone mention it).

Thanks

JQ, for what it is worth, I did without any of the pavement references listed by NCEES. The CERM has decent chapters on rigid and flexable pavement. Even sites like cement.org have a lot of free useful info.

So I guess I will go with what I have. Which is the entire pavement guide, and what looks to be what an A&M professor pulled out as the important stuff in the 1998 supplement.

Thanks

Back