A guy brought a ...... to the exam!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For my FE, I had a guy with the constant sniffles next to me. For one of my PE exams (maybe CA-Survey?) I had a throat-clearer next to me. For my 8-hr PE exam, the girl directly in front of me would constantly toggle between sitting down and standing up. Yes, she took much of her test standing up - and no, the proctors never told her she couldn't. Why is that a problem you ask? Because she was pretty darn hot and she was in a bending-over position no more than 6' in front of me, that's why.

For my FE, I had a guy with the constant sniffles next to me. For one of my PE exams (maybe CA-Survey?) I had a throat-clearer next to me. For my 8-hr PE exam, the girl directly in front of me would constantly toggle between sitting down and standing up. Yes, she took much of her test standing up - and no, the proctors never told her she couldn't. Why is that a problem you ask? Because she was pretty darn hot and she was in a bending-over position no more than 6' in front of me, that's why.

You went into the exam with your stamp loaded up with ink?!?

That's your problem right there. No wonder you couldn't concentrate.

Now that's Funny!!

Last edited by a moderator:
:appl: how long have you been waiting to use that line?! Lol

I took the Fire Protection PE this past Friday in San Diego. I had previously taken the Mechanical PE 2 years ago so I thought I had seen it all the first time. The typical people getting kicked out, people rolling in with Little Red Wagons, 4-5 milk crates on a dolly, people showing up without calculators because they thought they were provided, etc.

Then I saw a guy walking in with........ his own chair on Friday! Genius! I don't think it is against the rules but I'll bet anyone $20 personal chairs are banned from April's Exam.

Unrelated and probably noob question follows:

Why did you take the PE a second time? I see other people doing this too. From what I understand, once you're a PE it doesn't say what your discipline was when you took it, and as long as you gain the necessary experience in your judgement to protect the public, you can stamp anything you want. Once you get the PE they kind of rely on your judgement to decide what you are capable of stamping and what you aren't.
While this is true in many states, it is NOT true in California. The exam site listed was San Diego....

No joke. You should have stamped a page or two (the bra ads in the Sunday papers work well...so I've been told) before taking the exam.

Hahahahahaha.... the direction this thread went is hilarious... :D

I had my wife stay with me at the hotel. I wouldn't dare go into an exam like that with an "inked stamp".

And BTW Capt Worley... you must be stuck on a ship somewhere for bra ads to do the trick for you. The internet has changed me... you'd be amazed at what it takes to ink my stamp nowadays. It'd give you and your bra ads nightmares.

Note that if you do, they should be individual earplugs (not connected with a string, ect.) The proctors will instruct you to cut it off.

I wonder why that would be?

I used earplugs when I took the exam. I think I brought around 5 pairs. Redundancy FTW!

Nobody thought of bringing ear plugs besides me?
Yeah I've used ear plugs every time I've taken one of these exams. Note that if you do, they should be individual earplugs (not connected with a string, ect.) The proctors will instruct you to cut it off.
What do they tell you to cut it off with? The NCEES approved mechanical pencil?

Back