93" Costco Bear

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't have a Costco that is convenient to us.  My wife used to share a membership with her mom, but we found we almost never went so it wasn't really worth it to us. There was a BJ's nearby but it closed.  Not long after that it was converted to a "Costco", but only as a movie set (for a terrible Ben Stiller movie).  People were so disappointed when they found out it wasn't going to be a real Costco.  It's now an indoor go-cart track. :D

I call BS on the Costco pop tarts "combo". Don't know one want the odd flavor they mix in. Cinnamon peanut butter. Usually they have two good flavors and then something you would donate to the food bank at the end of the year
I find that's true of all the variety packs.  I think the manufacturer uses the combos as a means of getting rid of overstock on the less popular flavors.  One needs to check if the bargain price is good enough to trash the crappy flavors and still come out ahead of just buying the flavors you like separately.

We actually buy very little "staples" dry food items items there. I haven't seen much in those aisles that is worth buying..

But we do buy lots of meat/chicken/etc ...there frozen stuff is pretty good also.

We actually buy very little "staples" dry food items items there. I haven't seen much in those aisles that is worth buying..

But we do buy lots of meat/chicken/etc ...there frozen stuff is pretty good also.
The past few years we've gotten the beef tenderloin for holidays at BJs butcher shop.  It's been excellent.

So how does Sam's Club compare?  I have a Sam's Club 2 exits south.  The nearest Costco is one city over. 

Anyone remember Price Club? 

sams club is like a wal mart but only 90% ghetto / white trash instead of the full 100%

Costco is for people that know what the 'salad fork' is...

oh yeah I meant to add the ------->  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, Costco is worth it just for the Kirkland's/Nature's Domain dry dog food.  The annual membership pays for itself after about two bags of food, and I go through about a bag a month.

Costco also has killer deals on some of the antipasto/cured meats/cheese, and their seafood.  I'll frequently buy a huge bag of mussels for about $12, and four huge pieces of stuffed salmon for about $20.  

The only thing I don't like about Costco is the lack of a deli counter.  My parents have a BJ's membership, and their deli counter is awesome and can save you a **** ton of money.

I wish we had a costco, but the nearest one is an hour away.  Have to settle for Sam's.  And yeah I live in a ghetto/redneck town so. . .

I've been to both Sam's Club and Costco (and the old Price Club, then Price Costco), and they're more or less the same.  We only have a Sams Club where I live now, and it's been well worth the membership for us.  

The choice will depend on what you will buy the most.  We have both Sam's and Costco near us and use Sams because they have the TP, paper towels, and coffee we like, which is what we buy the most.

I really hope those bear snowboarding vids go viral.  Then youtubers will do the copying thing they all do now and the end result will be us benefiting from MOAR BEAR VIDS.

Back