80's movies to watch with your kids

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great list! We just watched all 3 Indiana Jones. Temple of Doom is just as freaky as I remember as a kid. I can't believe it's rated PG.

Oh numb she bumb....oh numb she bumb......ohnumbshebumbohnumbshebumbohnumbshebumbohnumbshebumbohnumbshebumbohnumbshebumbohnumbshebumbohnumbshebumb

Can't buy me love....

**** I had the hots

for Amanda Peterson back then

Last edited by a moderator:
When's kids were young (4 or 5) we started watching gremlins. It was all so fund and cute until the "change" and then they ran screaming from the room.... A few years later they were able to tolerate it!

not yet, mail here is slow though, too many federal employees smoking weed on their routes...but will check tonight! much appreciated!

you need to email me instructions on how to do that sometime..

no package in the mail -- good lord I hate the mail here..

were going to watch Scream with the kid's tonight!

no package in the mail -- good lord I hate the mail here..

were going to watch Scream with the kid's tonight!
Hmm...hope I sent it to the right address (used the one you PM'd me). I put it in the mail Mon. evening (at the post office, which is typically quicker for transit time). I even included some KF paraphernalia. ;)

mail here is really weird, it has taken almost 2 weeks for me to send and receive mail to Florida. we must be geared to West Coast, stuff I have sent to CA gets there in 2 days..

No one mentioned Stripes yet.

All the Ghostbuster movies.

Rocky 1 through 4

All the Dirty Harry movies.

Smokey and the Bandit ! and 2, 3 sux)

Cannonball run

Gumball Rally

I know some of these go back to the 70s but I didn't think it's worth a new thread.

Batteries not included

Airplane

Field of Dreams

My parents still have Batteried Not Included on betamax, if you guys want to take a road trip. I showed my kid Field of Dreams (which might be an early 90s movie) and he loved it. LOVED it.

Almost forgot about Flight of the Navigator. :)

Excellent choice!

I think Rudy is a good one to add also....

I showed my kid clips from this to get him pumped up for his football game. This is one of my all time favorite movie.

Sorry - thumb drive.. If you could just burn it to a DVD that would be Greaaaaattttttt
That I can do. ;) Will keep you posted.

EDIT: Alright, got it. PM me your address and I'll send it on.
Get anything in the mail yet?

Um, does anyone else's husband say, "Get anything in the mail?" and then he shows you his package?

My dad took me to see Robocop when I was 8. It was my first R movie.
Glad to know I am not the only terrible parent here...

Seriously, this thread is a great list of movies, but there are many that I would never consider showing to my kids, not anyway while they are "kids". Porky's? Seriously?? Those were movies that I enjoyed as a young teenager, but NOT NOT NOT with my parents....

Has anyone else of 80s-age noticed how wimpy modern movies are? Movies in the 80s had far more T&A, as well as far more spurting blood.

^ a few years back, I watched borat with my FIL. I had no idea. Talk about uncomfortable.

Back