6 Minute solutions?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i had one 6 min problem that took me close to 40 minutes to understand. That being said NCcarguy is 100% correct when he says they are a great preparation because it's like practicing for a marathon when you only plan on running a 10k :)
As a runner, I would like to point out that training for a marathon is a BAAAD idea if you are getting ready for a 10k

I think i had one 6 min problem that took me close to 40 minutes to understand. That being said NCcarguy is 100% correct when he says they are a great preparation because it's like practicing for a marathon when you only plan on running a 10k :)
As a runner, I would like to point out that training for a marathon is a BAAAD idea if you are getting ready for a 10k
I think the 6-minute solution books are great if you know how to solve the question immediately after reading it. It's not a study guide like Goswami's All-in-One or a reference like the CERM. When I studied, I found the 6-minute solutions to be very helpful rather than discouraging. It's much better than the CERM practice problems since those questions take about an hour to solve.

There's a fine line between being adequately prepared and knowing too much for the exam. If you want to pass, go with the latter. I think the ones who complain about how long it takes to do problems don't properly study the material and rely too much on example problems to get by. The efficiency in taking and passing the exam is about understanding process and not by just plugging and chugging equations.

6 min. solution according to me is for super-intelligent guys who already know what is what.

I'd like to get there though. Lets see if I passed my PE this time ! :-/ [2nd attempt]

I sent a comment to ppi2pass telling them that they need to revise the 6 minute solutions for Civil-Structural because their morning problems were only geared to those taking structural only since it required the Code books to actually do the problems. I thought the whole purpose of the morning problems were to be user friendly for all civil disciplines since someone who is taking transportation, geotechnical or water resources isn't going to have ACI-318-05 or AISC Steel Manual 13th edition to fall back on. I got a reply email telling me that they thanked me for my comment and will take it into consideration.

Latest posts

Back