5 k thread fall 09 results version

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is I always get screwed at the end.

Edit: Post 7777 for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it's already 1:25 p.m. I'm on the downhill slide to quittin' time... in more ways than one.....

I'm working tomorrow and Wednesday at least (if not Thursday). I've got two projects I'd really like to finish. But I also will start cooking Thursday night.

i gotta pick up a couple growlers for xmas presents yet...probably do that the 24th for maximum freshness - a stout called Fade to Black at a spirited 8.5% ABV, and probably an IPA of some kind

I'm finished with presents, even stocking stuff & candy. The last things I'm getting are the ham etc. from the grocery store on Wednesday.

Bed time :plusone:

Travel day tomorrow. Stuck driving due to ice in the clouds.

^ a resealable bottle, holds I think 2 quarts of tap beer. They cost like $12-15 to fill 'em, depending on your brew selection. You can get up to 5 days of use out of them before they go entirely flat.

From wikipedia:

GrowlerA growler is a U.S. half gallon (1,890 ml/66.5 imp fl oz) glass jug used to transport draft beer in the United States. They are commonly sold at breweries and brewpubs as a means to sell take-out beer. Some breweries also offer a one-litre or one-quart version. Growlers are also used by homebrewers as an alternative to kegs or smaller bottles for carbonating and storing their beer.

Growlers are generally made of glass and have either a screw-on cap or a hinged porcelain gasket cap which can provide freshness for a week or more. A properly sealed growler will hold carbonation indefinitely and will store beer like any other sanitized bottle. Growlers got their name from the sound that the CO2 made when it escaped from the lid as the beer sloshed around. It likely dates back to the late 19th century when fresh beer was carried from the local pub to one's home by means of a small-galvanized pail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back