4th Attempt Going to Board

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you go in front of the board what are you going to say/do to demonstrate that you are more prepared to take the exam than any of the previous attempts?  I think this is where you're lacking.  As RBHeadge said the statement indicates that you need to demonstrate additional knowledge and preparation to the board, not promise to study harder.  I'm not familiar with the construction exam but don't they provide an analysis showing the weak areas?  If so, then you should take some instructional classes in those areas prior to attempting the test again.  After this many attempts you'll likely have to repeat the application process from the beginning.  These regulations are in place so that people can't just keep sitting for the exam in the hopes of passing "one of these times".  Did they say what the cut score was each time or were the scores normalized such that 70 was the cut score?  I don't mean to be disrespectful but three tries less than 50 with a cut score of 70...you're not really that close and based on the limited information in this post you really haven't shown any improvement with each sitting.

Good luck.

If you go in front of the board what are you going to say/do to demonstrate that you are more prepared to take the exam than any of the previous attempts?  I think this is where you're lacking.  As RBHeadge said the statement indicates that you need to demonstrate additional knowledge and preparation to the board, not promise to study harder.  I'm not familiar with the construction exam but don't they provide an analysis showing the weak areas?  If so, then you should take some instructional classes in those areas prior to attempting the test again.  After this many attempts you'll likely have to repeat the application process from the beginning.  These regulations are in place so that people can't just keep sitting for the exam in the hopes of passing "one of these times".  Did they say what the cut score was each time or were the scores normalized such that 70 was the cut score?  I don't mean to be disrespectful but three tries less than 50 with a cut score of 70...you're not really that close and based on the limited information in this post you really haven't shown any improvement with each sitting.

Good luck.
I'm pretty sure he is talking about points... not percentage.

Good luck.
I'm sure it's the number he got correct out of 80, not percentage.  It shows his persistence, and with every exam he takes, he does show improvement.  Good luck @Cartman86... you've got this!!

Yes. It's the points I got correct, not the percentage. Anyways, I'm prepared to tell them that I've worked more progressively towards gaining more experience in temporary structures ( such as formwork and sheeting) at work.  Hopefully it works out. When I called, they told me it would only last a few minutes and I would have to explain the reasons for not successfully passing the exam. 

Back