4622..... Crap... Start here till I figure out...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In PA prior to the early 1990's you could take the tests back to back...one of my professors did that, he had is PE results before his FE results!! Back then it was hand written tests, no multiple choice. You needed to show all your work to get credit for it therefore no guessing and have a 25% chance of getting the correct answer! At the same time if you plugged in the wrong numbers and got the wrong answer but showed all the steps correctly, you got the credit for the problem. It was 4 questions in the morning and 4 in the afternoon each with 10 parts (still 80 questions in all) and on the electrical test, it depended on the previous parts answer to get the whole problem correct. I guess if you didn't get a part you couldn't move on to the next part.

I can *not* imagine trying to take the tests back to back - that's nuts.

Good for him, though!

Used my lunch break to get my hair did post
so how often do you get your did?
Every couple months. I have low maintenance hair. But I love going to get it cut at lunch. However, there's a running joke at work that when a woman gets her hair done, it means she's pregnant. . . Something about Kate Middleton and bangs.

In PA prior to the early 1990's you could take the tests back to back...one of my professors did that, he had is PE results before his FE results!! Back then it was hand written tests, no multiple choice. You needed to show all your work to get credit for it therefore no guessing and have a 25% chance of getting the correct answer! At the same time if you plugged in the wrong numbers and got the wrong answer but showed all the steps correctly, you got the credit for the problem. It was 4 questions in the morning and 4 in the afternoon each with 10 parts (still 80 questions in all) and on the electrical test, it depended on the previous parts answer to get the whole problem correct. I guess if you didn't get a part you couldn't move on to the next part.

I can *not* imagine trying to take the tests back to back - that's nuts.

Good for him, though!
you can take both tests on the same weekend in IL. When I took the FE exam in 2002 there were a couple of guys attempting such a feat.

When took the FE the afternoon part was like that. Same problem statement for mulitple problems if you didn't get the 1 and 2 correct you were going to have a hard time geting 3-6. but it was mulitple choice test when i took it. I didn't fully complete a single problem grouping in the afternoon but I still passed.

I remember some people taking the tests back to back in Indiana when I took my FE. Totally nuts. Sounds like brain torture.

Imagine if you passed the PE but failed the FE! That would seem kind of backwards :) . But I'm sure it's happened before.

Imagine if you passed the PE but failed the FE! That would seem kind of backwards :) . But I'm sure it's happened before.
CO requires your FE/EIT before you can even sit for the PE. You do have the option of skipping the FE/EIT if you're willing to add a few years experience to your application...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back