4622..... Crap... Start here till I figure out...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:gathering: :gathering: :gathering: :gathering: :gathering: :gathering: :gathering: :gathering:

:party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048:

:juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle:

Still waiting!!!

post lunch post...still didn't get lunch will probaby have to skip today

I just needed to ask Indiana to pretty please send the verification, because WI says the verification needs to come from the state where you took the FE. I had sent a verification file from IN, but WI said no, the file needs to come from IN directly. pabelong, if you took the FE outside of WI, you might need to contact the other state's board. They should have record of your FE.
Didn't they already need your EIT verification to take the PE? I thought that was all part of the application to have the EIT and 4 years experience under a PE after receiving the EIT to qualify to take the exam.

That would make sense - but in Wisconsin the requirements for the PE exam are 4 yrs experience and BS degree from accredited program (just double checked it - I sent in my FE cert with my application, but they probably didn't care.)

So a person could take the PE and FE back to back - THAT would be fun.

You are required to pass the PE and FE - it doesn't matter what order. (Bureaucrats, not the most logical people).

Was curious if anyone is licensed in multiple states...

I work for a design firm, and after I get the hiccups straightened out will likely move forward with the NCEES record.

Just can't get enough of filling out forms :D

Edited to add: hiccups in wisconsin paperwork

Last edited by a moderator:
I just needed to ask Indiana to pretty please send the verification, because WI says the verification needs to come from the state where you took the FE. I had sent a verification file from IN, but WI said no, the file needs to come from IN directly. pabelong, if you took the FE outside of WI, you might need to contact the other state's board. They should have record of your FE.
Didn't they already need your EIT verification to take the PE? I thought that was all part of the application to have the EIT and 4 years experience under a PE after receiving the EIT to qualify to take the exam.

That would make sense - but in Wisconsin the requirements for the PE exam are 4 yrs experience and BS degree from accredited program (just double checked it - I sent in my FE cert with my application, but they probably didn't care.)

So a person could take the PE and FE back to back - THAT would be fun.

You are required to pass the PE and FE - it doesn't matter what order. (Bureaucrats, not the most logical people).
In PA prior to the early 1990's you could take the tests back to back...one of my professors did that, he had is PE results before his FE results!! Back then it was hand written tests, no multiple choice. You needed to show all your work to get credit for it therefore no guessing and have a 25% chance of getting the correct answer! At the same time if you plugged in the wrong numbers and got the wrong answer but showed all the steps correctly, you got the credit for the problem. It was 4 questions in the morning and 4 in the afternoon each with 10 parts (still 80 questions in all) and on the electrical test, it depended on the previous parts answer to get the whole problem correct. I guess if you didn't get a part you couldn't move on to the next part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back