4622..... Crap... Start here till I figure out...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so I failed. Who can suggest to me so good reference materials? I have been using the CERM, and NCEES practice problem books. I am taking the WR&E afternoon session. I have done well with regards to hydraulics and hydrology, as I should because it is what I do everyday. I severely lack in the environmental, waste water, water quality, and water treatment sections. At this point I am open to suggestions.

Mike, although I didn't take the Civil Exam, aside from using the EERM and NCEES practice exams, I also took a review course with SchoolofPE. Kind of a pain in the butt time-wise, but I found their reviews to be pretty comprehensive, and I used a lot of the material they provided as part of the class during the exam. They go through a lot of sample problems as part of the class, which helped me understand concepts more thoroughly. I would hope their structure for all disciplines is similar - but I don't know how they handle specialties within disciplines (i.e. env/wr inside of Civil) but it's probably worth looking into. Hopefully you can get some good advice from other Civils - there's a thread on here about study techniques, advice for others, etc. I know there's one in the Environmental forum specifically - and I'm guessing with the vast number of civil engineers there's similar threads for you guys as well.
thanks

ok, so I failed. Who can suggest to me so good reference materials? I have been using the CERM, and NCEES practice problem books. I am taking the WR&E afternoon session. I have done well with regards to hydraulics and hydrology, as I should because it is what I do everyday. I severely lack in the environmental, waste water, water quality, and water treatment sections. At this point I am open to suggestions.

Mike, although I didn't take the Civil Exam, aside from using the EERM and NCEES practice exams, I also took a review course with SchoolofPE. Kind of a pain in the butt time-wise, but I found their reviews to be pretty comprehensive, and I used a lot of the material they provided as part of the class during the exam. They go through a lot of sample problems as part of the class, which helped me understand concepts more thoroughly. I would hope their structure for all disciplines is similar - but I don't know how they handle specialties within disciplines (i.e. env/wr inside of Civil) but it's probably worth looking into. Hopefully you can get some good advice from other Civils - there's a thread on here about study techniques, advice for others, etc. I know there's one in the Environmental forum specifically - and I'm guessing with the vast number of civil engineers there's similar threads for you guys as well.
I just looked at the school of PE. I cannot afford those rates. WOW.

no. I pay for the exam each time. I pay for my resources. When I pass, they pay for the licensing fees

I just looked at the school of PE. I cannot afford those rates. WOW.
Unfortunately all review classes run about the same. Maybe they will reduce the amount if you take the course without the free retake?

If you chose to take the course, I would look at course schedule and if the areas you need help in are later in the course, start reviewing those notes early on so you spend more time on that than in the areas you already know.

no. I pay for the exam each time. I pay for my resources. When I pass, they pay for the licensing fees
They should pick up your books and all study materials cost... I paid for my exam fees everytime but if you pass they should pick up you "passing" fee also

Soooo when is PA going to release the results???

They should pick up your books and all study materials cost... I paid for my exam fees everytime but if you pass they should pick up you "passing" fee also
I was told by a previous employer that this is something for self improvement and I am responsible for all costs.

Wow.. I guess it depands on the firm.. Our company is pushing everybody to be PEs, so they pay for everything (I mean I even charged my calculators and one web site I paid $40 to use..)

I was told by a previous employer that this is something for self improvement and I am responsible for all costs.
I take it they don't cover continuing education either??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back