3D Printing

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Longer. I saw an example back in late 1991. I think it has just become more affordable.

I used to get parts made when I worked in product design. There were all kinds of advances in making them more affordable. It really is cool, though.

We have a 3D printer here at work that we make models of some of our cranes with. Pretty cool when it's all put together.

I used to get parts made when I worked in product design. There were all kinds of advances in making them more affordable. It really is cool, though.
I seem to remember having a part printed back in 2002 or so. It wasn't a significantly structural part, so I didn't worry about it.

I must say I am curious about the mechanical properties of the printed items.

I took a tour of the AutoDesk facility in greater Boston a few months back. They had one in the lobby for show. They could make a pterodactyl, or a broach...

Last edited by a moderator:
Longer. I saw an example back in late 1991. I think it has just become more affordable.
Well if THAT doesn't blow you away, let me tell you about this cool thing I saw the other day: it's like a whole entire computer that's portable and flips open to fit in your lap. Get this - they call it the "LAP - top". Pretty clever eh? I'll see if I can find a link to show you. You'll be blown away for sure.

Well if THAT doesn't blow you away, let me tell you about this cool thing I saw the other day: it's like a whole entire computer that's portable and flips open to fit in your lap. Get this - they call it the "LAP - top". Pretty clever eh? I'll see if I can find a link to show you. You'll be blown away for sure.
Can you use it to access the precogs? I need to know when a crime is about to be committed.

Can you use it to access the precogs? I need to know when a crime is about to be committed.
:signs051: if it came with that sweet sign language GUI

Back