2020 Confessionals...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only put on actual pants maybe four times since March.  

I hide candy in my desk drawer so that I can eat it without sharing with my husband and child. Don't judge me.
I've hidden candy from Boyfriend so he doesn't eat it all while I'm at work (he's still WFH, I'm in the office)

All of my pre-WFH clothes are way too tight. Going to have to buy new pants when they reopen the office.
Yeah, I bought new pants. And some new clothes for hiking. And a new jacket. Because I'm gonna be comfortable damnit and not squeezed into my clothes. But my credit card bill is *cringe* 

This year I'm continuing my craziness in handwriting long holiday card letters to many of my friends and family, but they're actually never really that personalized. By a couple cards into it, I generally have the idea of exactly what I'm going to write, and then write basically that for every single flipping card.

Last edited by a moderator:
This year I'm continuing my craziness in handwriting long holiday card letters to many of my friends and family, but they're actually never really that personalized. By a couple cards into it, I generally have the idea of exactly what I'm going to write, and then write basically that for every single flipping card.
We did a prof holiday mini photo shoot as a family this year and bought fancy cards with the photos on them.  I will still have the kiddos sign their name to the back, even though the card has a preprinted message.  The elderly family members still earn at least that much respect for my kids to take the time to write/sign their name. 

We did a prof holiday mini photo shoot as a family this year and bought fancy cards with the photos on them.  I will still have the kiddos sign their name to the back, even though the card has a preprinted message.  The elderly family members still earn at least that much respect for my kids to take the time to write/sign their name. 
I am happy to receive those types of cards! Personally, I started a hand-writing long cards tradition, gosh, probably over a decade ago (I was the only person I knew who sent holiday cards as a college kid). I'm sure at some point, I'll switch over to typing a summary of the year and just sticking the printout in the card and send. But I still like going on Etsy or Red Cap Cards and finding a cute holiday card to send, hopefully supporting a small business in the meantime. I feel like an order for four dozen + cards from a small business hopefully means a lot!

I also think my recipients like the long, hand-written cards, but that's probably an assumption. At the very least, they at least know I'm thinking of them!

Also, what you do with your kids is what I make Mr. Leggo do. He has to sign his name in every single card. But he gets off easy for being a full-blown adult!

I also try my best to remember to send thoughtful birthday cards to friends and family members. I have better success with some than others!

we havent sent cards out in at least 5 years ~ Kudos to those of you that still do!

You have to push through to at least year 2 and then most people forget you ever sent them out at all ;)

I haven’t used the first drop of hand sanitizer in 2020. 

I do wash my hands though.

Back