2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason, all the beef had vanished, including the huge slabs/cuts that had been available from day 1.  Some chicken made a return, but it looks like the factories are skimping on packaging right now.  Limited selections - boneless skinless breasts, and whole bone-in thighs only, but everything is in a big plastic bag now with a simplified Purdue logo in lieu of the individually packaged portions and foam containers.

Produce was still bad though.  I am dreaming of the day they get those Tropicana oranges back in stock.

its weird here (other than the first 2 weeks) the produce section here has been like normal - 

I did notice that Costco doesnt have as much of their normal summer stuff out ( paddle boards, pool noodles, camping junk) seems like 25% of what they would have normally this time of year, they expanded there clothes section - 

I guess they are adjusting to the closed pools and such..

Even while home on maternity leave with both kiddos, I've never NOT left town like this.  Haven't gone farther than the shopping center near the interstate.  Gonna need some retail therapy and deep tissue massage when this is all said and done.

For some reason, all the beef had vanished, including the huge slabs/cuts that had been available from day 1.  Some chicken made a return, but it looks like the factories are skimping on packaging right now.  Limited selections - boneless skinless breasts, and whole bone-in thighs only, but everything is in a big plastic bag now with a simplified Purdue logo in lieu of the individually packaged portions and foam containers.

Produce was still bad though.  I am dreaming of the day they get those Tropicana oranges back in stock.

image.png

I haven't been able to get into our Home Depot for a few weeks now. Like RG said, it has gotten worse now that the lockdown is lifted. This weekend the line wrapped around to the back of the store, AND it was raining. F that. I went by yesterday during a work day and it was just about the same. 

The crazy lines here are at the banks and the post offices. Everyone is waiting for / cashing their stimulus checks, I guess. I saw a line of cars almost a mile long yesterday at lunch for one bank.

I haven't been able to get into our Home Depot for a few weeks now. Like RG said, it has gotten worse now that the lockdown is lifted. This weekend the line wrapped around to the back of the store, AND it was raining. F that. I went by yesterday during a work day and it was just about the same. 

The crazy lines here are at the banks and the post offices. Everyone is waiting for / cashing their stimulus checks, I guess. I saw a line of cars almost a mile long yesterday at lunch for one bank.
They have closed almost all of the bank drive thru's around here and make you go inside.  Guess they need to rethink that strategy now.  

I don't know why more people haven't moved to online banking. I've been doing that for years now with USAA, and the only times I have physically entered a bank has been to get a mortgage.  

I think the last time I was inside a bank was about a year ago for a cashiers check.  Paycheck is direct deposit, pay bills online, use ATM for cash.

I went to Lowe's by my house at about 1230 pm Saturday, it was packed. Plus there were three people tying up an entire aisle waiting for help, and they had a non service dog in the store. Line in garden center was all the way to back.  Only had one of two self checkouts open, and were cleaning after every transaction.

Even before this, I generally  try to avoid any retail location between noon and 6 pm on weekends.

I haven't been into a bank in over 10 years.  With stuff like Zelle payments (bank to bank) and check deposits via app, there's just no need to.  

Yeah, I was getting a "we can't do that right now" error when I checked the IRS site about whether or not I was getting a stimulus check. Forgot that I had to pay a bit in 2018 so they didn't have my direct deposit info. Put that in and immediately told me I was getting a check, how much it would be for and when it would be there. Had money in my account about a week later.

On the rare occasion that I do get a paper check, I just use the bank's app to take a picture and *BAM* money in the bank without getting off the couch.

FYI - I and at least three of my coworkers have had our SSN used to fraudulently file an unemployment claim in WA. Even though I'm working and not collecting unemployment right now I tried to create an account on the unemployment website (because my one coworker had alerted everyone about her SSN being used) and sure enough my SSN was linked to some random email address that wasn't mine. 

FYI - I and at least three of my coworkers have had our SSN used to fraudulently file an unemployment claim in WA. Even though I'm working and not collecting unemployment right now I tried to create an account on the unemployment website (because my one coworker had alerted everyone about her SSN being used) and sure enough my SSN was linked to some random email address that wasn't mine. 
Yeah, not good. I created an account just last week to prevent that from occurring.

still on track to enter phase 3 next week.  then another 28 days before schools and daycares can reopen with acceptable guidelines in place.  so I should be back at the office by July!   

Now that’s pretty scary. 
I am hoping that those identity protection services will flag it if it happens. I have a free protection service provided to me after my work info was hacked/ stolen a few years ago, and I get regular report by email letting me know that no one has stolen my identity. Yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back