2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think there going to put a cop on a segway outside your home if you are high risk or anything, but we have a decent amount of data to know who is getting hospitalized, who is going to the ICU, who is dying. Its just common sense. 

Maybe that is a new race of citizen, high risk of dying from a SARS type disease?  

Colorado announced some easing will happen in a week - but they didn't really give a ton of details - but it sounds like haircuts, tattoo shops (?), a little more retail, day care, regular medical offices / dentists / etc  - Still no bars / restaurants - Denver has somewhat  tighter restrictions and a longer stay at home "request" - glad my home and office is outside Denver City Limits -  But I think they want a staggered approach to work trying to keep 50% home and rotate for a little while longer, which honestly makes sense..  Sounds like no concerts or sports this summer in Denver City Limits - But Denver opened up there own pay to use parks such as golf courses -

I think were waiting to see some type of memo since there were not much details..

golf courses you can spread out on.  There is push in NC to let NASCAR run Memorial Day race without fans.  if there any sports, it will be without fans.

Really missing Stanley Cup playoffs right now.

I'm glad I'm in New Orleans were there is no intention of lifting the orders anytime soon. There's no way these stay at home orders should be lifted before June. So many mayors and governors are making political decisions instead of science-driven decisions. We're about to create a 2nd wave of infection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I may have been exposed to it back In late February/ early March. A nephew was really sick with fever of 104, it was called the flu by doctor. My brother thinks it may have been corona. I never developed symptoms, but I have chronic sinus issues hard to tell.

& I also dont think we need to be playing baseball tomorrow either.....
In a related note, the Cincinnati Bengals have announced that their home games will go on as scheduled because they can meet the social distancing guidelines.

there-were-lots-of-empty-seats-during-the-cincinnati-bengals-game-picture-id1191299180

I know this has been popping up a lot lately...hahaha let the stupid people go outside and get infected...but by Darwins theory, shouldn't everybody be going about their business as usual and letting nature keep the ones with the strongest immune system?
Yes, but that's "cruel and unloving and unacceptable and etc."

I know this has been popping up a lot lately...hahaha let the stupid people go outside and get infected...but by Darwins theory, shouldn't everybody be going about their business as usual and letting nature keep the ones with the strongest immune system?
Technically, Darin's theory is that species arise and are developed by natural selection of specific traits that increase the organisms ability to survive/reproduce.  So it is Darwinism if you, as part of a species, decided to stay inside and decrease opportunities for the virus to impact you and your potential offspring.  By not contracting covid that increases your potential chance of mating and reproducing and passing on that trait of 'not being an asshole' to your kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back