2016 results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday was my first time taking the exam. I felt like the ratio of qualitative to quantitative questions in the AM Civil section was also much more than any practice test. I felt the afternoon(water resources) was less qualitative than the AM section but still more so than any practice exam. 

Just remember that they haven't graded your exam yet when you answer those questions.
Word.... I'm not answering it.
This survey is meant to review the testing site and proctors. My site was adequate. There was no space to include specific notes about the test. It did say to contact NCEES directly if you have questions about the exam.

Echoing others... AM was easy. It also felt very geotech heavy from what I remember (seepage, hydraulic conductivity, soil pressure/bearing capacity, excavation support, soil mechanics etc...). I'm not complaining :D . I had loads of time left to do go over each problem again and luckily didn't confuse myself too much.

I took the Geotech PM. I wouldn't say it was hard. Some of the questions were straight forward and you could answer quickly, which gave you time for more difficult questions. Others looked like they were going to be lengthy so I skipped them. Then coming back to them, I realized they gave you a whole bunch of stuff I'd have to solve and it was just a one step problem using what they've given. But some of them were really tricky. Mostly the concept questions. There were a lot of concept questions. At times, you could cross out 2 of the 4 options but the last two had you staring at words for a bit before you could isolate the one word that makes the option invalid. 

In all, not bad.

Echoing others... AM was easy.
Ok great, I finished in like 2 hours so was partially concerned... but i felt it was easy!

I took the construction PM and it was very code heavy. I had some problems which were very difficult, but overall I am feeling okay.

For us ME's the morning was of proper difficulty in my humble opinion. Afternoon of thermal and fluids systems was tough but doable.

Glad I have the rest of my deployment to keep my mind off it, the wait is killer. Stupid me thought it would be similar to the FE until I actually read the score release timeframe after taking the test. 

Pulling for everyone on here that this is it ?.

For us ME's the morning was of proper difficulty in my humble opinion. Afternoon of thermal and fluids systems was tough but doable.

Glad I have the rest of my deployment to keep my mind off it, the wait is killer. Stupid me thought it would be similar to the FE until I actually read the score release timeframe after taking the test. 

Pulling for everyone on here that this is it ?.
Thank you - stay safe.

Cut score would probably be the same as always. I am so angry at myself right now for making silly mistakes on three questions :(  

Back