2012 Predictions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
Care to look into your crystal ball?

Will the Euro survive?

Will the the Chinese economic 'bubble' burst?

Will the world economy enter another 'Great Depression' or will everything muddle through?

Will we have civil war in Iraq?

Maybe another Falklands war?

Will Iran be bombed/close the Straits?

Will North Korea have a civil war?

What will happen in the Arab countries? Will they turn to radical Islam? Will Assad be toppled in Syria?

Will they find the Higgs Boson?

Will the aliens land (or governments admit that they've landed as some would have it)?

Just some suggested 'maybes' but I'm sure you can think of others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zsa Zsa, Dick Clark, and Abe Vigoda finally take the Eternal Celestial Dirt Nap. I'll miss you Abe (the rest, not so much)

Mitt Romney is elected president. Sorry dislikers, just is. [edit: nobody likes OB and MR has money; I'm just saying]

At least three new COL's are filed for the Westinghouse AP1000.

X waves it's arms and flaps it's gums, but nobody really does anything and nothing changes (@input X%; Iran, North Korea, Syria)

Atlanta Braves win the World Series in 7

And on the Duh list:

More superhero movies

More (bad) sitcom movie/tv remakes (prediction: Threes Company, Dragnet, I Dream of Jeannie)

Unrest in the Middle East

Global debt crisis continues

Earthquakes

Floods

Hurricanes

Rising tuition

Morons Protesting Stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
N. Korea will be the same.

Euro will tank, but shall live on.

Iran will raise a stink, but if something were to happen, Israel would be the angry ant mound taking on that piece of chicken that disturbed it.

China will further evolve and mask its real health. Pop will occur in 2014.

My taxes will increase.

The middle east will be introduced to the cell phone.

Will the Euro survive? Yes, but will be worth even less

Will the the Chinese economic 'bubble' burst? No. They will continue to consume and pollute

Will the world economy enter another 'Great Depression' or will everything muddle through? I do predict a Great Worldwide Recession at a minimum

Will we have civil war in Iraq? We will have idiots in control over there, and this time next year, be saying "That's what we get after all that time and lives spent"

Maybe another Falklands war? dunno

Will Iran be bombed/close the Straits? Possibly a stand off may happen, but doubt it. Obama is a puss, won't push the envelope.

Will North Korea have a civil war? All sources point to YES

What will happen in the Arab countries? Who cares. Will they turn to radical Islam? Aren't they already? Will Assad be toppled in Syria? doubt it.

Will they find the Higgs Boson? only God knows

Will the aliens land (or governments admit that they've landed as some would have it)? NO.

Care to look into your crystal ball? did, http://www.m8ball.com/index.php

Will the Euro survive? nope, and Germany will own Europe

Will the the Chinese economic 'bubble' burst? yes, they will have a revolution, capitalism has taken a strong foot hold there.

Will the world economy enter another 'Great Depression' or will everything muddle through? yes, another depression, especially if Obama stays in.

Will we have civil war in Iraq? We won't have a civil war there, the Iraqis will.

Maybe another Falklands war? Something bigger.

Will Iran be bombed/close the Straits? one bomb, maybe two. Straits will stay open, but who cares, no oil will be coming out through them.

Will North Korea have a civil war? already in the works.

What will happen in the Arab countries? Will they turn to radical Islam? Will Assad be toppled in Syria? how much more radical do you want?

Will they find the Higgs Boson? nope, but one of its decendents

Will the aliens land (or governments admit that they've landed as some would have it)? We landed a long time ago, have been steadily leaving the planet, no intelligent life here.

Back