2011 NCEES transportation practice exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Predgw

Reaction score
Full mock up today. 71/80

Had 20 minutes to spare in the am, basically guessed on one last question in pm.

Now, I'm spent.

I can surely see light at the end of the tunnel now.

My study strategy seemed to pay off. I have done so many geometric design problems I have just about every formula memorized. That helped.

I did this practice test 2 weeks ago about an hour left in the morning and maybe 30 minutes but I didn't go back and double check anything. I missed 4 in the morning and the afternoon, for a 72/80. Anyone taken this practice test previously and the PE test? I know it's maybe by the NCEES but to me it seemed almost too easy. I hope the real test is similar but I'm trying to prepare for the worst.

Did the same on Sunday, and feel confident after the NCEES sample exam. Have you guys done any other sample exams? I ask that because I seem to be getting through the AM portion right at about 3 hours. Same for you? Want to try to get a baseline. If so - think that extra hour will help by being able to go back through and hopefully find the stupid mistakes

I took Mikes morning pe exam and it was about the same difficulty. I did the full Goswami about 4 weeks ago and while I was not ready yet, the problems were to long, and there were no qualitative questions either.

I did the Lindeburg sample exam for the 10th edition CERM. The problems definitely took longer than the NCEES test but I did skip a few that were way too in depth for an AM question. It took around 3hrs and I skipped 5 or 6 so I think there will be time during the exam to review my answers and hopefully catch any stupid mistatkes. I don't plan on leaving the test room until the full time is up unless I really fly through and feel good about it.

Using the entire 4 hour time limit is wise for each session. The units should be noted as the exam uses both the International System of Units (SI) and the US Customary System (USCS). I would also recommend re-reading the problem to clarify a question or find information that is needed to determine the best answer. Underlining key words helps to distinguish useful information from that which is irrelevant to solving the problem. Double checking and verifying calculations is a good final step in completing the exam sessions.

If looking for a sample morning exam for additional practice, please refer to Civil PE Exam Success: Strategy, Sample Exam, Terminology (the link is found in my signature).

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back