2009 PE Exam Study Materials?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All,

I was very glad to have found this engineering discussion board. It has a lot of useful information from engineers who have already passed the PE exam. I myself am scheduled to take the exam in April of 2010. I am an electrical engineer in the Nuclear division of a reputable material handling corporation. My primary design responsibilities focus around power distribution, PLC control, and variable frequency drive controls. That being said I will be taking the Electrical Power PE as it pertains directly to my employment field. In reading this thread among others (such as this thread), I have been gathering notes on what reference materials to obtain for studying and for the exam itself. Basically this is what I have read:

The following reference books are a MUST:

- Electrical Machines, Drives and Power Systems by Wildi

- Power Systems Analysis by Grainger/Stevenson

- NEC 2008 (which I already have and use on a daily basis)

- EC&M's Electrical Calculations Handbook by Paschal

- Electrical Engineering Practice Problems for the Power, Electrical and Electronics, and Computer PE Exams (EEPP8), 8th Edition

The following reference books would be HELPFUL but not necessary:

- Electric Machinery and Power System Fundamentals by Chapman

- Practical Variable Speed Drives and Power Electronics by Barnes

- Electronic Variable Speed Drives by Brumbach

- PPI EERM (EXSPENSIVE! :angry: )

And I currently own the following:

- Electric Machinery by Kingsley/Fitzgerald/Umans

- Power Systems Analysis by Hadi Saadat

- Handbook of Electric Power Calculations by H. Wayne Beaty

I would like to get some further thoughts/suggestions on my assumptions above. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated and helpful. Also, if anyone has or knows of where I could find the above referenced material used, that would also be appreciated. I will be checking the local university libraries and also half.com. Thanks again.

Regards :)

Brutal - PPI raised the price of the EPN4 Power package from $336.75 to 410.75. Hope you folks ordered before this price jump..

Save 10% on PPI material with promotion code SEN1J

Since they keep spamming me with this crap I may as well post it here for everyone to use.

Latest posts

Back