$20 Per Gallon

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was 58 cents/gallon when I started driving. I did fill up once at 30 cents a gallon at a Hess station that was closing that day.

I remember being shocked that it went up to $3.15 immediately after Katrina hit in 2005. And there was a run on the stations, so it was hard to even find gas. I was doing my 1 hour commute and had doubts about being able to make it home.

After Sandy, NJ reimplemented the odd/even rationing program. Yeah that was fun

I am aware of 3/14. I didn't realize it was my bj's comment was linked to it though.... other than for the obvious reasons

I always forget about steak and BJ day. Thank you for reminding me. This year it's on a Friday - very convenient!

Time to make the reservations.....

I always forget about steak and BJ day.  Thank you for reminding me.  This year it's on a Friday - very convenient!

How does one go about making reservations without getting smacked across the face?

I'm just counting on my wife not remembering what day that is. It will look like it's just a spontaneous, "hey, let's go get some steak!" night out. Halfway through dinner, I will remind her of what day it is.

How does that sound for a strategy?

BJ's is the name of a restaurant/brewery chain around here.

The first time I met someone from EB in person, we went and got BJ's.

truestory.jpg

I always forget about steak and BJ day. Thank you for reminding me. This year it's on a Friday - very convenient!

How does one go about making reservations without getting smacked across the face?
I thought getting smacked across the face was part of the day? :dunno:

Back