20 biggest car failures

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part Car, part SUV, all disaster, the Yugo GV has been called the Mona Lisa of bad cars. Time Magazine reports that those who have driven the Yugo GV have “The distinct feeling of something assembled at gunpoint.” The car lacked so many modern features that “carpet” was listed by the manufacturer as a major selling point. The GV’s engine frequently fell apart for no clear reason other than the razor-thin manufacturing budget of the car. In the end, the GV went in the books as an utter failure to the American public, and no one with any serious need to be anywhere would be getting there in one of these scrap-heaps.
A buddy of mine had a Yugo GV. He actually avoided a ticket for rolling through a stop sign by telling the cop he was conserving momentum.

Lancer_front.jpg

Lancer_side.jpg

Lancer_back.jpg

They overlooked the '61 Dodge Lancer. Growing up, a little old lady down the street drove a red one. I always considered it the ugliest car I have ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the look of that Lancer. It just screams to be made into a drag car.

Back