1st quarter 2019 approvals

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody in CA receive their approval/authorization to sign up for quarter 1 examinations yet? 
Nope! Still waiting here. 

Do they have a specific day/deadline to send out the ATT for the first quarter? End of December I suppose?

I am still waiting for an email on how and when to sign up..

Please report once received !

I am still waiting for an email on how and when to sign up..

Please report once received !
If you haven't received notification on how to schedule for the California Civil exams in First quarter of 2019 and you've already received notification that your application for licensure was approved, then you can contact the appropriate licensing evaluator based on the first letter of your last name:

A-G

[email protected]

H-O

[email protected]

P-Z

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
If you had previously taken one of those exams and have already submitted a Re-exam form and still haven't received notification, contact the same people.

I got my check cashed last week, but still haven't received any approval email. 

Do I still have a chance to make for Quarter 1? 

If you had previously taken one of those exams and have already submitted a Re-exam form and still haven't received notification, contact the same people.
Thanks for the response. I got the following email from the CA Board, so I guess it's off their hands and is up to Prometric now. By "the start of the exams", I'd assume 1/1/2019. I did fail the CA Seismic and Survey once before, but it has been a couple years, as in before the recent changes to quarterly administration. I'll contact the licensing evaluator then.

[SIZE=10pt]**The CA Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists has received and processed your Re-Examination Form for the 1st First Quarter Civil State Specific Exam(s) (January 1 – March 31, 2019).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Information regarding how and when to sign up for your state exam(s) through Prometric, our computer based testing vendor, should be e-mailed to you by the start of exams.**[/SIZE]

Thanks for the response. I got the following email from the CA Board, so I guess it's off their hands and is up to Prometric now. By "the start of the exams", I'd assume 1/1/2019. I did fail the CA Seismic and Survey once before, but it has been a couple years, as in before the recent changes to quarterly administration. I'll contact the licensing evaluator then.

[SIZE=10pt]**The CA Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists has received and processed your Re-Examination Form for the 1st First Quarter Civil State Specific Exam(s) (January 1 – March 31, 2019).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Information regarding how and when to sign up for your state exam(s) through Prometric, our computer based testing vendor, should be e-mailed to you by the start of exams.**[/SIZE]
I got the same email from the Board. Now we wait for Prometric. 

I got the same email from the Board. Now we wait for Prometric. 
Do you remember the date you submitted your application and check? 

I submitted mine on Nov. 19 and still haven't received anything. Getting worried.

All - The California Board is still processing eligible applications through Dec. 31.  Once those are completed, Prometric will be notified, followed by email notifications to all approved first-time applicants and those that completed the Re-exam submittals.

I submitted mine on Nov. 19 and still haven't received anything. Getting worried.
I submitted my app/fees the 2nd week of November. You should hear something by the end of this month. 

I submitted mine October 6, and heard on December 4 that it was being sent for review (taken off the 'gathering dust' pile).  I realize it's the holiday season, this has been a long time with very little communication.  I wish you better luck.

Took 2 months (from the day I mailed my package) to get my application approved.

Week 1-2 : Check gets cashed

Week 6: Got a notice that my application was sent for review

Week 8: Got approved

From what I seen, if you want to get approved to take it for a certain Quarter, you have to get approved before the 2nd week of that Quarter.

If you submitted your application in November, it doesn't look too likely that you'll get approved for Q1, especially with the holidays. But since they are getting slightly more efficient, you may have a chance if you submitted it in the very beginning of November. Just my take on it. 

Have you received notice from Prometric? I’m still waiting 

I have been approved for 1st quarter (email recieved Dec. 27), but I am still waiting on the board to send Prometric Authorization code. Anyone still waiting?

I have been approved for 1st quarter (email recieved Dec. 27), but I am still waiting on the board to send Prometric Authorization code. Anyone still waiting?
I was approved for 1st quarter on Dec. 31. Still waiting on Prometric also. 

I  got my re-examination form denied because I'm still waiting on results. I guess the board doesn't process re-examinations until they know you've fail. Is understandable, I guess, but now I'm going to have to wait until Quarter 2 if I end up failing. 

I  got my re-examination form denied because I'm still waiting on results. I guess the board doesn't process re-examinations until they know you've fail. Is understandable, I guess, but now I'm going to have to wait until Quarter 2 if I end up failing. 
Yup. I would recommend letting any other people you know taking the exam they should sign up for the 2nd month of testing as opposed to the 3rd month to avoid this very issue. 

I signed up Seismic for the last possible date of Q1 haha I'm not failing this thing!

Back