15 FE Exam Waiver

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I was granted the FE waiver in TX and will be taking the PE in Sept. It was not a long process but make sure you are able to document why you should be granted a waiver.

Just wanted to give the group my experience with the waiver process in California.
April 24, 2023: Submitted the application on BPELSG on 4/24/23. It included all requirements plus PE references (engagements) totalling 15 years of work experience.

September 22, 2023: Received approvals from BPELSG and was able to register for the test on the NCEES website. It was pending for 1 day, but was cleared and I was able to schedule my test.

For those who were asking and wondering, it was a total of about 22 weeks from submitting my application to an approval by the board.

I recently received my PE in TX after being approved for the FE exam waiver. I have 17 years of experience with a graduate degree. The process to request waiver and receive approval to sit for the PE was quite straight forward and the TBPE was super efficient. I received approval to sit for the PE exam in about 8 weeks, by which time I had already begun my preparation. From the day I started the process to when I received my PE license including preparing and passing the exam was approximately 5 months.
Hello @martiansoldier,How long it took from the moment you submitted all your paperwork for the waiver to receive a response that the waiver has been approved?

I recently received my PE in TX after being approved for the FE exam waiver. I have 17 years of experience with a graduate degree. The process to request waiver and receive approval to sit for the PE was quite straight forward and the TBPE was super efficient. I received approval to sit for the PE exam in about 8 weeks, by which time I had already begun my preparation. From the day I started the process to when I received my PE license including preparing and passing the exam was approximately 5 months.
Hello @martiansoldier,

I'm looking to waiver the FE exam, so I can prepare for the PE Exam. Do you know what are the chances of getting approved or rejected for the waiver?
Do you have any recommendations to make sure the waiver doesn't get rejected by the board? Or as long as you submit all paperwork anybody who applies for the waiver should get the approval?

Back