101 Solved Environmental Engineering Problems

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyatt72

Reaction score
Has anyone check out the 101 Solved Environmental Engineering Problems book? If so, did it or is it helping at all? Was it any better then the Lindeburg practice problems?

Thanks,

I think 101 Solved Problems is the equivalent of the Lindeburg books. They're both put out by PPI. As far as I know, they have the 101 Solved Problems book and the book with the 3 practice exams.

I started out with the 101 book. It was sort of a guide to me as to the topics covered and level of difficulty of the exam problems. I'd try a couple problems, and then go back to my textbooks and read up on the subject matter. I obviously wanted to get the right answer, but didn't worry about my score overall. It was mainly to get up to speed on things.

I thought the problems were pretty indicative of the exam problems. Though they were a bit more involved and drawn out in some cases. A real test problem wouldn't have parts A-E, but it was helpful to see the different questions they could ask about a given situation. The only thing I really didn't like about that book is that in some cases, it makes assumptions along the way in the solution for variables not listed in the problem. Since in many cases there are a range of values for a variable or different numbers being used across state lines, making you assume a number doesn't make sense on an multiple choice exam.

I did the 3 practice exams later on in my studying, to build up speed and repetition. Those were more similar in difficulty and length to the exam.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a very useful exam prep, in my opinion. It ventures farther from Lindeberg's reference manual and forces you to get your other references lined up, which is critical for the exam.

Back