59 replies to this topic

#51 a-hat

a-hat

Intern

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

Do donkey shows look better on home theaters?

#52 Ble_PE

Ble_PE

I need a beer.

• Veteran
  • 15,035 posts
  • Discipline:Structural

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

It makes you look like a bigger ass than you actually are.

#53 Supe

Supe

Jingle Balls

• Veterans
  • 10,045 posts
  • Discipline:Sorely Lacking

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

Any recommendations on a wall-mount for two 6.5" bookshelf speakers I have? Dimensions are 13" x 8-1/4" x 7-5/8" (appox. 9 lbs.). So far my research has pointed to B-tech or Pinpoint. I don't have experience with either of them though.

EDIT: so far this what I found: http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sim_e_1
They get good reviews, are sturdy and easy to install. And where I plan to mount them I wouldn't need to drill into the speaker housing (no pre-existing mounting holes) because it looks like the clamps are tight enough to hold them in place (with 0 deg. tilt). Would rather not muck up the speaker's nice exterior finish. Any suggestions are still welcomed.

Sanus makes some OK stuff as well. My suggestion is to just stay away from the ball and socket type swivel mounts. Every one I've ever used has collapsed/sagged over time.

#54 knight1fox3

knight1fox3

Jedi Knight & Friend of Capt. Solo

• EB Supporting Member
  • 11,210 posts
  • Discipline:Electrical

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

Sanus makes some OK stuff as well. My suggestion is to just stay away from the ball and socket type swivel mounts. Every one I've ever used has collapsed/sagged over time.

I did look at some Sanus stuff but the reviews weren't that great. I don't think the one I posted had a ball and socket type, did it? I plan on adjusting them so the speaker basically sits level.

#55 Supe

Supe

Jingle Balls

• Veterans
  • 10,045 posts
  • Discipline:Sorely Lacking

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Doesn't look like it, DK. The ones I like use serrations/ribs to lock them in at the angle you want. If you're having them sit level, have you considered just a shelf- type bracket?

#56 knight1fox3

knight1fox3

• EB Supporting Member
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

If you're having them sit level, have you considered just a shelf- type bracket?

Any suggestions? Something sleek yet sturdy. Haven't really found anything that jumps out at me as being very reliable as a simple shelf-type.

#57 MA_PE

MA_PE

engine near

• EB Supporting Member
  • 12,307 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

If you're having them sit level, have you considered just a shelf- type bracket?

Any suggestions? Something sleek yet sturdy. Haven't really found anything that jumps out at me as being very reliable as a simple shelf-type.

Depends on your decor and the speker size. I'd look at some typical generic shelving and see if something fits your erquireemnts. It does not need to be "speaker shelving". Look at decorative shelf brackets and some finish wood. apply a nice router treatment to the exposed edge...done.

#58 knight1fox3

knight1fox3

• EB Supporting Member
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

Depends on your decor and the speker size. I'd look at some typical generic shelving and see if something fits your erquireemnts. It does not need to be "speaker shelving". Look at decorative shelf brackets and some finish wood. apply a nice router treatment to the exposed edge...done.

Thanks for the tip MA. The two speakers I am planning to mount are not small, the dimensions are 13" x 8-1/4" x 7-5/8" (appox. 9 lbs.). I will look into something that matches the black wood-grain finish of my Cerwins.

#59 MA_PE

MA_PE

engine near

• EB Supporting Member
  • 12,307 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

np. If only I could type. I put up some Bose 141 as rear speakers. I just used some metal "L" brackets from Lowes with a wood shelf that had a decorative treatment on the edge. cheap, and it worked just fine. The metal isn't the prettiest but then again neither is my basement (where they are).

#60 pbrme

pbrme

You look like I...

• Supporting Member
  • 8,428 posts
  • Discipline:Mechanical

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Revived this thread for advice.

I've got an Optoma 7155 that is giving me grief. I had it on in our movie room, left for a while, came back and there was a distinct burnt plastic aroma and no picture. I just thought it was the lamp, as we've used the piss out of it in the last 4yrs. I yarded it off the cieling, ordered a new lamp assy., installed new one and it still wasn't showing anything. Took it back apart and found the new lamp front glass cracked when heated up, 99.9% sure I didn't touched it, bad from factory?, who knows. So I put the old lamp back in to rediagnos, there's light coming out of the projector housing and a faint beam out the lens, so old lamp seems to be working. If I walk the projector over to a wall, you can actually start to see a 6" square screen image at about a foot away.

I should have paid more attention in the first place. I remember it had an error (amber) LED light up, but I don't remember which one (Power, Lamp, Temp). Searched the webs last night, and Fixya.com popped up but is a bitch to find anything useful. Has anyone had experience in DIY projector fix'n?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

=