• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Career as investigator

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smookedtrout

Reaction score
My name is Jeff LIngafelter, I am very interested in a career in Private investigation. I am seeing if you could tell me what types of education/qualifications investigation agency look for in a individual. I have researched on the net but come up with different info every time. What about home course like DTI or Global? I have ran a crossed the P.I union (not sure about this one) or would some course in Criminal Justice at a actual College be better. The home degrees would fit into my life better right now (DTI etc.…) right now but does agency except this as anything.

Thanks in advance

My name is Jeff LIngafelter, I am very interested in a career in Private investigation. I am seeing if you could tell me what types of education/qualifications investigation agency look for in a individual. I have researched on the net but come up with different info every time. What about home course like DTI or Global? I have ran a crossed the P.I union (not sure about this one) or would some course in Criminal Justice at a actual College be better. The home degrees would fit into my life better right now (DTI etc.…) right now but does agency except this as anything. Thanks in advance
:dunno: :dunno:

My name is Jeff LIngafelter, I am very interested in a career in Private investigation. I am seeing if you could tell me what types of education/qualifications investigation agency look for in a individual. I have researched on the net but come up with different info every time. What about home course like DTI or Global? I have ran a crossed the P.I union (not sure about this one) or would some course in Criminal Justice at a actual College be better. The home degrees would fit into my life better right now (DTI etc.…) right now but does agency except this as anything. Thanks in advance
I think you want the PI website, not the PE website. Although wilheldp is sort of a PI these days.

Do they have to be PIs, or just certified in arson investigation?

I thought about taking the arson investigation class because I thought it might be useful if I ever go into forensic engineering or become a professional witness, but the boss shot me down.

Do they have to be PIs, or just certified in arson investigation?
I thought about taking the arson investigation class because I thought it might be useful if I ever go into forensic engineering or become a professional witness, but the boss shot me down.
They have to be PIs and CFIs...at least in Kentucky and Indiana. I think the rules vary greatly by state.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's PE-Ness? I thought he was a private dick.

Do you mean Private Investigator? That seems excessive to me.
Private Investigator and Certified Fire Investigator. I thought so too, but apparently it involves entering peoples' homes and evidence collection standards.
That makes sense in a way, but having them become a Certified Fire Marshal would probably do the same. I think the arson class covers the evidence collection, but don't know.

At first I thought you were talking about Plans Examiner instead of Private Investigator.

Dear Jeff, Go With Criminal Justice. People Forget On The Outside Of This Biz That You Have To Testify In Court!! Attorney's Hire Investigators To Dig Dirt. Check Your Past Out!! If It's Embarrassing And Your Over 18 Years Old Or Join Any Private Investigator Training School. You Can Find School At Google,

Dear Jeff, Go With Criminal Justice. People Forget On The Outside Of This Biz That You Have To Testify In Court!! Attorney's Hire Investigators To Dig Dirt. Check Your Past Out!! If It's Embarrassing And Your Over 18 Years Old Or Join Any Private Investigator Training School. You Can Find School At Google,
you make completely NO SENSE, you can find meaning of idiot At Google

Its informative post provides a lots of information related to topic also give some more information related to topic.

I want to build my career in the position of investigator. Right now I am in Patna is there any good educational institute for brightening career in this post. Please provide me complete details.

Back