Survey Test Tomorrow

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and I havent studied at all.. What should I study tonight?
It's obvious that you have no intention of passing these exams yet you post questions like this. It's confusing.
I was looking for some actual advice here. But thanks for not helping.

Really? You think you can study only the night before and pass? Let me know how that goes for you.

It was not me who didn't help you, it was you who didn't help you.

But here is your answer anyway: Trigonometry.

It's obvious that you have no intention of passing these exams yet you post questions like this. It's confusing.

Really? You think you can study only the night before and pass? Let me know how that goes for you.

I was going to say the bible (or other religious text of your preference). :p

Yeah that would have helped actually. I should have really payed attention in high school trig. Argh.

Ion-Exchange,

My suggestion would be for you to read up on the published Test Plan for the California Civil - Engineering Surveying Exam found at: http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/refs.shtml as this represents the best and most accurate information on what you can expect to find on the exam and study for.

I realize that you read the above comments as sarcasm but in reality the responders are trying to be helpful (in their own sarcastic way) by telling you that the California state exams are very much practice based and preparation in addition to your unique work experience is very critical towards being successful in obtaining your license.

Ric Moore

Executive Officer

Board for Professional Engineers,

Land Surveyors, and Geologists

Yeah that would have helped actually. I should have really payed attention in high school trig. Argh.
I'm sure you have another strategy in play to pass the Surveying exam. If not, you must be a genius or have a photographic memory or if you wish to start studying for an all important exam a few days before. My advice is: Read Mansour cover to cover and do all Mahallati's problems twice and then pray like mad!! Good Luck and do let us know how it pans out.

I'm sure you have another strategy in play to pass the Surveying exam. If not, you must be a genius or have a photographic memory or if you wish to start studying for an all important exam a few days before. My advice is: Read Mansour cover to cover and do all Mahallati's problems twice and then pray like mad!! Good Luck and do let us know how it pans out.
I just had a lot going on this summer and couldnt get started with the studying. Im using this first time as a practice. Im going to study hardcore all winter and spring and pass this thing in April. I dont feel terribly pressured to pass this thing the first time around (Im only 25). But im starting to feel like ive wasted a lot of money. I digress, thanks for the advice. I will definitely read the Mansour book in prep for next April.

I just had a lot going on this summer and couldnt get started with the studying. Im using this first time as a practice. Im going to study hardcore all winter and spring and pass this thing in April. I dont feel terribly pressured to pass this thing the first time around (Im only 25). But im starting to feel like ive wasted a lot of money. I digress, thanks for the advice. I will definitely read the Mansour book in prep for next April.
Your rather casual initial post obviously did not reflect your true circumstance. Attempting the exam, albeit unprepared, will give you some idea of what is expected.

For me, I used Mansour ( both book and practice problems) as my primary reference and used Mahallati for problems ( a number of problems were also in Mansour). I also went through the problems in Cuomo, Monroe, Boniface, Chelapatti, Liu and Nelson. Besides Mansour, Mahallati and Nelson which were purchased, all the other books were borrowed through the local library (I'm also in CA), so it didn't cost a fortune . If time allows, it may be helpful to run through some of the FS and PS problems in books by Cole and NCEES. It doesn't harm to practice as many different problems as possible.

I hope this helps and all the best next April. However you never know; the Gods might smile on you this October!

Your rather casual initial post obviously did not reflect your true circumstance. Attempting the exam, albeit unprepared, will give you some idea of what is expected.
For me, I used Mansour ( both book and practice problems) as my primary reference and used Mahallati for problems ( a number of problems were also in Mansour). I also went through the problems in Cuomo, Monroe, Boniface, Chelapatti, Liu and Nelson. Besides Mansour, Mahallati and Nelson which were purchased, all the other books were borrowed through the local library (I'm also in CA), so it didn't cost a fortune . If time allows, it may be helpful to run through some of the FS and PS problems in books by Cole and NCEES. It doesn't harm to practice as many different problems as possible.

I hope this helps and all the best next April. However you never know; the Gods might smile on you this October!
Thank you for all the references! I will definitely be studying hard this next time around.

Ion-Exchange,

My suggestion would be for you to read up on the published Test Plan for the California Civil - Engineering Surveying Exam found at: http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/refs.shtml as this represents the best and most accurate information on what you can expect to find on the exam and study for.

I realize that you read the above comments as sarcasm but in reality the responders are trying to be helpful (in their own sarcastic way) by telling you that the California state exams are very much practice based and preparation in addition to your unique work experience is very critical towards being successful in obtaining your license.

Ric Moore

Executive Officer

Thank you for the advice!

Ion-Exchange,

Ric Moore

Executive Officer

Thank you for the advice!

Back