Engineer Boards
Killua

PE Certificate

Killua    0

How long did it take to receive your PE certificate(Specifically Texas) and what were the dimensions. It seems a bit premature but I want to start looking for frames.

Panchito    13

I laser-engraved my certificate. Looks great.

BTW, I took the exam in Oct 2014 and received my certificate in March 2015 (WA state).

PE certificate - engraved - post.png

Edited by Panchito

Kam    6
1 hour ago, Panchito said:

BTW, I took the exam in Oct 2014 and received my certificate in March 2015 (WA state).

That looks bad ass. I totally want it but looks like you personally made it.

• Like 1

Lei    1
2 hours ago, Panchito said:

whoa! Just need one like this!!!

Phatso86    5
3 hours ago, Panchito said:

looks kick ass. but i guess kinda weird too. all black?

mine is still sitting in a folder

vermonter    2
11 hours ago, Panchito said:

that's awesome.

illcendiary    0
12 hours ago, Panchito said:

Very cool! How'd you create this? My guess was scanning the document and then tracing it in something like Adobe Illustrator, then transferring the file to whatever the laser engraver needs.

Panchito    13

I used the services of this company to do the laser-engraving:
http://www.laserengravedmemories.com/en/custom-diplomas/

The specific design I used (the one shown in the picture) is called Floating Acrylic Diploma Plaques, but they have other cool-looking designs that you can find on their web page.

you just need to scan your diploma in high resolution and e-mail it to them.

NHPE    0
5 hours ago, Panchito said:

The specific design I used (the one shown in the picture) is called Floating Acrylic Diploma Plaques, but they have other cool-looking designs that you can find on their web page.

Thanks, that's awesome!

Killua    0
7 hours ago, Panchito said:

I appreciate that! I'm going to do it as soon as I receive mine

On 12/14/2016 at 11:15 AM, Panchito said:

how much was this?

Panchito    13

The price information is in the web page. Prices may vary depending on the style you choose. For the one shown in the picture (floating acrylic) I paid about $160. A co-worker got the engraved wood style and paid about $80 for it.

homerca    1
2 hours ago, caniacwolfpack said:

Got mine in the mail yesterday (I live in PA).

PA totally changed its style. Last year, you might not be able to get the exam result at this time.

• Like 1

FlashPoint    5

Did anyone else from Texas get their cert and the golden seal looked like it was lacking sufficient ink? The "I" in ENGINEERS is barely visible. Seems kinda bush league. 

I.ELKADY    2

I just submitted my PE application yesterday to Texas Board , because I wanted to be sure I will pass the exam first before sending my application , and I received email today that they received my application , How long it will take to get my certificate or at least the approval and the license number (I am submitting based on new Decoupling rule/ I took and passed the exam first)? 

TWJ PE    179
On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:21 AM, I.ELKADY said:

I just submitted my PE application yesterday to Texas Board , because I wanted to be sure I will pass the exam first before sending my application , and I received email today that they received my application , How long it will take to get my certificate or at least the approval and the license number (I am submitting based on new Decoupling rule/ I took and passed the exam first)? 

So they have everything else already (i.e transcripts, ethics exam, SERs, 3 references, finger prints/criminal background check, FE verification, etc. [or this is completed: http://engineer.texas.gov/downloads/checklist.pdf])?

I had to do all of this to get approval to sit for the exam - it took me 4-5 weeks to get to this point (and I was pressing hard to get them everything). I would guess if you get to this point you'll be issued your license.

Probably the thing that takes the longest is getting your SERs signed and sent to TBPE. Once they are sent then they are reviewed.

nightwing    1
On 12/14/2016 at 8:15 AM, Panchito said:

Are there any other websites that do this?

I.ELKADY    2
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:30 PM, TWJ PE said:

So they have everything else already (i.e transcripts, ethics exam, SERs, 3 references, finger prints/criminal background check, FE verification, etc. [or this is completed: http://engineer.texas.gov/downloads/checklist.pdf])?

I had to do all of this to get approval to sit for the exam - it took me 4-5 weeks to get to this point (and I was pressing hard to get them everything). I would guess if you get to this point you'll be issued your license.

Probably the thing that takes the longest is getting your SERs signed and sent to TBPE. Once they are sent then they are reviewed.

yes they have everything , I mailed all the required documents and I get an email from TBPE says that they received all the application fees and the application form  , and this was last Friday 23th  

TWJ PE    179
2 hours ago, I.ELKADY said:

yes they have everything , I mailed all the required documents and I get an email from TBPE says that they received all the application fees and the application form  , and this was last Friday 23th  

Ok, you should get an notification that they received your SER and references.

Based on my experience, the last information they need from me was my ethics exam, SER, and all 3 references. I actually mailed all those things together and 3 days later I was approved to sit for the exam.

It shouldn't take too much longer. My guess is you'll receive an e-mail around 5am one morning stating you've been licensed to practice professional engineering. In that e-mail, you'll get your number so you can order your stamp. You'll have 60 days to provide TBPE will an imprint of your stamp (they'll send you an approval notification) and a recent picture.

Hang in there...

I.ELKADY    2
2 hours ago, TWJ PE said:

Based on my experience, the last information they need from me was my ethics exam, SER, and all 3 references. I actually mailed all those things together and 3 days later I was approved to sit for the exam.

It shouldn't take too much longer. My guess is you'll receive an e-mail around 5am one morning stating you've been licensed to practice professional engineering. In that e-mail, you'll get your number so you can order your stamp. You'll have 60 days to provide TBPE will an imprint of your stamp (they'll send you an approval notification) and a recent picture.

Hang in there...

Thanks TWJ for your help!

I.ELKADY    2
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:45 AM, TWJ PE said:

Hang in there...

just have one more question, you mentioned that you received the approval after three days, was it three days from when you maild the Ethic exam, SER, and the Reference Statements, or three days from the receiving confirmation email?, because I just received an email today at 5AM said that they received these items :

* Ethics Exam - Online Passed Ethics Exam
* Other Item - PE App (Paper Form)
* SER - Eng. 1-4
* Reference #1
* Reference #2
* Reference #3
* CH Record Check
* Additional Ref

so I am just wondering how long it will take to get the approval email?

TWJ PE    179
2 hours ago, I.ELKADY said:

just have one more question, you mentioned that you received the approval after three days, was it three days from when you maild the Ethic exam, SER, and the Reference Statements, or three days from the receiving confirmation email?, because I just received an email today at 5AM said that they received these items :

* Ethics Exam - Online Passed Ethics Exam
* Other Item - PE App (Paper Form)
* SER - Eng. 1-4
* Reference #1
* Reference #2
* Reference #3
* CH Record Check
* Additional Ref

so I am just wondering how long it will take to get the approval email?

Three days after receiving the e-mail confirmation that they had received my remaining information I got an e-mail confirmation stating I was approved for the exam. Not sure if the boxes still turn green, but if everything is green I would expect it shouldn't be much longer. With the holiday, that might slow things down a touch but I would guess by the end of the next week.

You didn't have to send FE confirmation (or is that the CH Record Check)?

You are confident your experience qualifies, etc.?