Ultrafiltration and Reverse Osmosis Design

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMcCowin

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm a new engineer at an Environmental firm and we have an upcoming water treatment plant that is utlizing UF and RO treatment. I was hoping I can get as much information as I can about the design and processes for UF and RO treatment. I have a general idea of how each equipment system works, but I'm looking for more of a design approach.

Does anybody know any references/textbooks that will help with this? I need some sort of technical design to satisfy my Mangers. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all who respond.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to recommend. I see a lot of RO systems where I work, but they all just seem to be purchased, rather than designed. The vendor usually does all of the "designing". I have a bunch of textbooks on water treatment design, I'll thumb through the table of contents when I get a chance and let you know which ones have dedicated chapters to this, but I won't be able to give any more detailed info than that, since I have never used them for that purpose.

Back