Engineer Boards
Dexman PE PMP

Feel good about how you did on the exam?

iwire    88

I still have nightmares in which I wake up and it's 5:00 AM April 11, the morning of the exam. I quickly get depressed because in my dreams it was October 2014 and I was still on a high as a result of passing back in April.

haha....i still think about it all the time..but April seems like ages ago though....I got excited the Oct exam day too

It's funny I felt bad when I took the EIT...thinking I am for sure failed it but I passed. then the first time I took the PE, I have high confident that I will passed, nope..i Failed!

2nd time around, I felt bad that I am for sure failed it but I passed...

Edited by iwire

andre    0

Not sure how to feel about the exam. The morning seemed pretty straight forward and I finished feeling good about it. The afternoon was a different story, I took the Water/Environ depth and thought it was very difficult. I got out feeling defeated and not looking forward to the next 7 weeks or so of waiting for the results.

Just like a lot of others, I ended the morning session thinking about where to buy the stamper and left the afternoon clearing my schedule for next April.

CntrlEngrPE    0

I gave the control systems exam..such misery...the exam creators didn't even read what was on the syllabus..asked us many random questions..it sucks that the exam was of such poor quality...

jecee    0

As others have stated, I left the morning session on cloud 9. I truly feel that I got 100% of the questions correct (OK, maybe 97.5%). But the afternoon was much more difficult. I still feel that I gave myself enough slack from the first half to get a pass.

My strategy while taking a test has always been this. If I answer a question and feel 100% certain I got it correct, I'll place a check mark next to the question number. Otherwise I just circle it. If I have time left over I go back to my circled questions and hopefully turn those into checks.

In the last 5 minutes I'll go back and tally my score, assuming I only got the checked questions correct, to get what I feel is a worst case scenario. From my calculations, worst case scenario I feel that I got around an 80%. But I have some confidence I did better than that.

Now I'm going to feel really dumb when I come back on here in a couple months and say that I failed lol. All I can say is that if I fail, oh well. I know the areas I struggled on the second half and I know what to work on next time if necessary.

I took the Water Resources by the way.

DMVEnggirl    0

I'm in Phase 3...right on schedule. I think anxiety killed my chances last time. I changed things up this time and I felt good when I left the test. A few drinks the night before and a few drinks after had nothing to do with it, I swear! :beerchug:

DMVEnggirl    0

There was one question on the civil PE/water resources afternoon session that I am positive I did correctly but could not find the correlating answer in the answer choices and it's driving me crazy! The calculation involved in that particular question is one I do at work at least once a month and is very straight forward. I had tons of extra time to go back and stare at the question until time was called, this is going to haunt me for months...

This exact scenario happened to me for the Civil/Construction exam. I was pissed and spent extra time re-doing the problem (about 4X). I probably made some stupid mistake that I find at the moment or maybe NCEES was WRONG! I'm going with the second one but I doubt that's the case. A girl can wish, can't she?

DMVEnggirl    0

Yes, over and over again. It was actually a simple problem. :(

Edited by DMVEnggirl

smilestar    2

oohh I wish there was a way to make you forget what you did in the exam.

I am frustrated everyday thinking about the problems and angry realizing

stupid mistakes :mad::mad:

knight1fox3    4,424

Just look right here, and wait for the flash...

Men-in-Black-Neuralizer-570x320.jpg

• Like 3

DoSomething    10

I thought that life post-examination would be relaxed once the evening hours are freed for other activities but I am as stressed, if not more, as I was before the test. I only seem to remember those problems which I could not answer, especially the ones I knew well but could not arrive at the answer even after solving multiple times.

DMVEnggirl    0

Call me anal but in order to get the test out of my head, I wrote down every type of problem that I could remember from the test and highlighted the ones that I believe I got wrong. It helped to clear my head.

NJmike PE    3,422

Call me anal but in order to get the test out of my head, I wrote down every type of problem that I could remember from the test and highlighted the ones that I believe I got wrong. It helped to clear my head.

anal

• Like 1

I did that for the FE, but sort of just drew a blank for PE. I don't know how close my percentage was, but my prediction of passing was correct.

I am like everybody else, the ones that either I had no idea on or, worse, the one or two where I know I made a dumb error are all I can remember. 2.5 weeks down, 7.5 to go.

panna1    3

everyone is forgetting the phase of asking the 8 ball and tarot card readings.

I think I have asked all the 8 balls I can find on internet and in colleagues offices.

catinthehat    13

Just took the April 2015 California Seismic exam for the first time. Wow talk about a demoralizing exam! And I though biting nails over the 8 hour last fall was bad...

John QPE    178

I got all the phases right now. Plus an additional one .... hoping the notes I had "bound" with heavy duty staples don't invalidate my results. Ugh.

lundy    16

I felt very comfortable taking the HVAC and refrigeration test. If I don't pass I'll be very surprised. All this studying has paid off. Now just to wait a couple months to make sure I did pass

Blue 8    17

I don't think I totally bombed it, but there were def some problems I passed on. Environmental is such a broad exam, can't know it all. John Q how did you enjoy the dogs? Hopefully you had ear plugs.

Engineer222    3

So I can't reply to certain topics ..it says "you can't reply to this thread" any one knows why ? I have replied to the thread before