Engineer Boards
Dexman PE PMP

Feel good about how you did on the exam?

StarPE    16

1.5 weeks down

6.5-8.5 to go

almost there!

Same way I feel!

week 2, check

6-8 to go

I know they have a verification process....but doesnt it seem like they could at least notify those who definitely passed (those with scores above 75-80 or so) right away? not that I expect that I'd be one of those people.....

reading the comments is always a amusement for me since I dont need to worry about results.

I am in CA & took & passed the 8 hr exam & survey the first time, I did not go through all the phases mentioned above, as I was pretty confident in passing them, right after I finished the exam. The 8 hr exam (october 2012)I took was not too difficult and I managed to finish the morning & afternoon session in 2 hrs each and spent the 30 minutes checking & counting how many questions I was absolutely sure that I got correct and hence, with the passing score (assumed 70% right to pass at the time)

couple of the question I need to guess (50/50 since I ruled out two wrong answer) and one I had no idea how to do (it's about a beam deflection-I beam with 3 supports (one at center & two at the side) with a load on top-asked to calculate the deflection & answer are like 0.1xxxx, 0.2xxxx, 0.3xxxx & 0.4xxxx, not smart enough to do a 50/50)

the survey was pretty easy as well, rather long exam though, 54 out of 55 I know how to do & was able to get the answer, 1 is about the volume and I ran out of time on that one.

Seismic was brutal (no f**king idea what I was doing) even I spent most of my time studying for it while preparing for the exam, I failed.

Had to take a class & re-take the second time & it went pretty smooth (no detailing at all when I took it the second time, could be the reason why I passed)

anyways, good luck to everyone how took it in April

itinerant    120

One of the things that happens after Phase 4 is self-loathing, how you could have done better on one question and how you spent just sooooooooo lonng on another and question after question which you remember, you are in constant rant about yourself, finally convincing yourself, you deserve to go through all this and YOU are the only person who brought it upon yourself.

I enjoyed this phase a lot. Constant nagging about how I could have done it so much better

Predgw    30

I know officially feel GREAT about the exam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Passed!!!

Mike M PE    10

I passed but I WILL have nightmares about this whole ordeal for YEARS to come...

• Like 1

speedbump    0

I passed but I WILL have nightmares about this whole ordeal for YEARS to come...

I've had 43 days of restless sleep since exam. Since I passed, hopefully it goes all away :)

ilikespe    1

I still have restless sleep even though i pass. I am waiting on state board now.

Mike M PE    10

I've been checking the State of Ohio Board website to make sure my License is actually there.

Crazy what that test does to you

KatyLied P.E.    101

I still have nightmares in which I wake up and it's 5:00 AM April 11, the morning of the exam. I quickly get depressed because in my dreams it was October 2014 and I was still on a high as a result of passing back in April.

Janizzle    2

I am in the Phase now where I keep dreaming about the exam and thinking about questions that I had no idea how to do and the one that I would've gotten right but ran out of time...

I really felt confident after the morning but once the afternoon kicked in, wow. I really hope that I did well enough, but I'm hoping the anxiety passes soon...

NiciPicki    3

In April, I left the exam pretty convinced that I'd failed. I still went through the phases, just in a somewhat different way - where I knew I'd probably failed, but managed to convince myself over time that maybe there was a possibility I'd passed - so that was extra disappointing when it turned out that my initial prediction was correct.

This time, I feel much better about it. The morning was kinda rough and I didn't get to a handful of questions, but I feel good about the ones I was able to answer. The very first question of the afternoon was super confusing for me, so that threw me off for a little bit, but I ended up with a little extra time at the end and I feel pretty comfortable with how it went overall.

I know it sounds kinda dumb since I've now spent all the time to take the exam twice, but at this point, I'm not sure I'd try a third time if I didn't pass. That felt a lot like my best effort. I'm sure I'll change my tune by the time the exam results roll around, though. I still have several more weeks of increasing doubt to go through!

catinthehat    13

There was one question on the civil PE/water resources afternoon session that I am positive I did correctly but could not find the correlating answer in the answer choices and it's driving me crazy! The calculation involved in that particular question is one I do at work at least once a month and is very straight forward. I had tons of extra time to go back and stare at the question until time was called, this is going to haunt me for months...

snickerd3    1,858

There was one question on the civil PE/water resources afternoon session that I am positive I did correctly but could not find the correlating answer in the answer choices and it's driving me crazy! The calculation involved in that particular question is one I do at work at least once a month and is very straight forward. I had tons of extra time to go back and stare at the question until time was called, this is going to haunt me for months...

did you fill out one of the forms to complain about the question?

NiciPicki    3

I had a similar issue on the afternoon chemical exam. I decided to count it as a good thing, in a way - I knew what I was doing well enough to pick out probable errors.

I'm going to send them a comment about mine through my NCEES account. You should do the same, if you haven't already.

catinthehat    13

snickered/Nici,

I did not know I had that recourse. I will log into my NCEES account and do that right away. Great to know that option is available! This may indeed help me sleep at night.

• Like 1

NiciPicki    3

At least, I think that's the appropriate place to do it. I just sent a message asking if that was where I could make a comment about a possible exam error, so we'll see what they say.

NiciPicki    3

Sorry to double-post, couldn't find an edit button - I just got a response that the message function in our NCEES accounts is the right place to do that. "If you have technical question issues, you may post them here."

snickerd3    1,858

http://ncees.org/ top right side has link to sign in and make comment from your ncess account