Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
genie17

Complex imaginary test 3, problem #76

2 posts in this topic

Can someone please explain why there is no sqrt(3) used in the answer for this question? I thought that the power for a 3 phase motor is expressed as S=sqrt(3)VI regardless of the connection type (delta or wye) but the solution is listed as S=VI. What am I missing here?

For people who don't have the question it is "what is the line current of a delta-connected, 3-phase, 1325 kva, 2.4 kv inductive load?"

Thanks.

Can someone please explain why there is no sqrt(3) used in the answer for this question? I thought that the power for a 3 phase motor is expressed as S=sqrt(3)VI regardless of the connection type (delta or wye) but the solution is listed as S=VI. What am I missing here?

For people who don't have the question it is "what is the line current of a delta-connected, 3-phase, 1325 kva, 2.4 kv inductive load?"

Thanks.

You are right....complex imaginary is wrong when I bought the books for the first time they have a bunch of errors like that. If you bought the revision for this april exam looks that they havent fix that error.