photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cdcengineer

Crazy Job

9 posts in this topic

Makes me nervous just watching. I'd wear a parachute.

I have a hard time believing OSHA allows that. And why bother with a hard hat unless you're below the top guy (if he drops a tool)?

Now we know why LED lamps were invented.

It didn't look like there was anything fixable up there except the light. Why the hell would you put anything else up there that needed to be serviced?

I've seen that video circulated around a while back. There's a reason why those workers are part of the 1%.

I've seen that video circulated around a while back. There's a reason why those workers are part of the 1%.

I've seen that helicopter one. What people will do for money ehhh!

I'm not scared of heights but that about made me sick. I was trying to grip the tower for him. Sorry but I couldnt do that.

Wow that is impressive. Here's another one: http://www.flixxy.co...e-inspector.htm

Though the tower climber still seems a lot more freaky.

I had the privilege to work with a group of these air-linemen. It was awesome to personally see that. They were from PA and I believe the name of the company was Agrotors, or something like that. They were hired to fix some transmission lines damaged by a hurricane. Cannot remember the year.

I was with them as a translator. They picked and dropped me at the office parking lot every day for almost 1 month. I felt like the CEO of the company. Their last day they flew me all around the island, an unique view of my country from the air. It was awesome. I have a picture somewhere. If I find it will post in here.

I found myself muttering "F*** that!" a few times during the clip. At the end, that lead guy just doop-dee-doo'd at the top before getting tied off. He wasn't even holding on!