Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ptatohed

CA Board released Oct '11 PE pass/fail statistics today

8 posts in this topic

ouch. Is that the usual passing rates in CA?

can other share their state specific scores, for example Pennsylvania

Jezz!!! Avg of 30% passing rate...not only for civil..also electrical had a low passing rate!!

(null)

Yeah, this the toughest it has been in years! Amazing.

very interesting. I was wondering why the national NCEES pass rates are much higher than the CA pass rate ie for Mech the CA pass rate is 56% but NCEES is advertising 73%/37% (fist time takers/repeat takers). I guess (73+37)/2=55% so is on par with the CA stat......? Very grateful to be one of the CA 56%

Are the numbers assigned for new engineers in a linear fashion? If so, it seems that the new electrical Professional Engineers are in the group 19788 - 19944 (taken from expiration dates - not exhaustively). If taking that group as a given, is there any rhyme or reason as to why a certain number is assigned to a certain individual?

Now the upper limit of the group is 19952 with the last bunch having Jone 30, 2012 expiration. Maybe the last ones were the ones who won appeals. I wonder if the state statistics are for in-state residents only as they show only 117 people passing. Maybe there are gaps in the numbers where no license was given?