Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JKwon

October PE what did you think

6 posts in this topic

Anybody took Civil PE exam?

The morning civil and afternoon Geotech were what I had expected.

Please share your thoughts

I took Civil PE, a lot of the concepts can be found in CERM or NCEES FE Supplied reference handbook, in the PM Structural Depth it was mostly code dependent. I did count my calculated answers that match the choices, in the AM 8 of 10 ques I was able to get it but in wastewater, it was tough I have to guess most the of items, probably 2 in geotech and 1 in transpo and 3 in construction and structural AM it was good.

PM structural was tougher than expected some items I couldnt find from the codes, going back and forth with different codes are time consuming even if I tab them.

I hope to pass.

I took the CIVIL with Geotech PM. I thought the exam was on par with what a competent Geotechncal Engineer should know. It was very straight forward and only a few questions were tricky IMO. The CERM does a very poor job in preparing for the Geotech AM portion. I only really used a few books as references (DAS, DM, CERM, Kramer) for the exam.

The morning was very simple and straight forward. I felt very confident that I did well when I left the exam.

I'm praying that I passed!!! Hopefully the results come in before Christmas.

I took the Civil-GeoTech exam in October 2010.

I felt very, very well prepared for the AM portion. I referenced the CERM, a surveying textbook, a soils textbook, and the AASHTO Green Book.

I thought the afternoon was much more tricky. Nearly everything that I could find was in a soils textbook, and a foundations textbook. I wished I had a reference that was more specific to seismic loading.

....STILL WAITING FOR THE RESULT :bananapowerslide: ....THE TEST WILL DRAIN UR BRAIN :mf_followthroughfart:...HOPE WE CAN PASS THE TEST :multiplespotting: ....

I took Transportation in the PM. Most of the questions in the AM and PM were manageable. There were a couple of questions in the AM that I really did not know how to handle and none of my references helped with those. In the PM, there were a few things that I had never een heard of, but found some charts in my reference books that helped. I feel like I should have paid a litle more attention to the NCEES breakdown of topics for the PM. May God bless the Green Book and HCM!