To all my fellow EIT's who did not pass...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddimarcoCA

Reaction score
Brothers and Sisters,

We may have tasted the bitter essence of defeat this round, but we will dust ourselves off and fight for the next round! When the fail icon came up on my screen, I was heartbroken over the 9 months of preparation, but that turned into a fire of overcoming the obstacle. I haven't been this stoked to study and prepare for any test in my life more so than now, and I hope you will find that fire in the pit of your belly to struggle through the defeat and turn weakness into strength! Let's find that reason to pass (your job, family, legacy, fighting against the odds, whatever it may be). If you have some inspiration or videos/gifs to motivate you and others add them here, lets do this thing! 

Fall Forward (Denzel Washington) - Motivational Video

Fall down 5 times, get back up 6.

BMa.png

Brothers and Sisters,

We may have tasted the bitter essence of defeat this round, but we will dust ourselves off and fight for the next round! When the fail icon came up on my screen, I was heartbroken over the 9 months of preparation, but that turned into a fire of overcoming the obstacle. I haven't been this stoked to study and prepare for any test in my life more so than now, and I hope you will find that fire in the pit of your belly to struggle through the defeat and turn weakness into strength! Let's find that reason to pass (your job, family, legacy, fighting against the odds, whatever it may be). If you have some inspiration or videos/gifs to motivate you and others add them here, lets do this thing! 

Fall Forward (Denzel Washington) - Motivational Video

Fall down 5 times, get back up 6.

View attachment 10491
I commend your determination sir. I too found out that the little green box with the word "PASS" in it eluded me for the third time yesterday. To say that I was devastated is an understatement.  Right now I am struggling to justify attempting this thing a fourth time, I don't know what I can do different, maybe I've been studying too much. The one thing that I can say is that I'm proud of my progress as my score has "improved" each time I've taken the exam (my last score was 49/80). I hope and pray that I and others like me find the RIGHT reason to take the exam again, and not just to soothe a bruised ego.

Good luck to you on your next attempt man.

First off, I feel the need to give everyone who failed yesterday a virtual hug.

I failed for the second time yesterday.  I am disappointed and frustrated, but I am determined to pass this!   What has really helped me is reading so many stories on here from people who didn't pass the first time. Or stories of people passing while juggling family duties.  That fills me with a lot of encouragement and makes me feel a lot better.  

This test has nothing to do with how intelligent or capable we are.  Life is all about accepting the challenges and adversity it throws your way.  It would have been great to pass the first time. It would have been fantastic to pass the second time.  But for whatever reason, I'm not there yet. I'm going to keep working hard until I get it.  I'm not going to give up.  To you guys thinking about giving up, don't.  You'll get it.  Process it, grieve it, but come back with a vengeance.  Because now it's PERSONAL :)   We'll get this.  And when we see the green box, it will make it that much sweeter!  

I failed for the second time yesterday.  I am disappointed and frustrated, but I am determined to pass this!   What has really helped me is reading so many stories on here from people who didn't pass the first time. Or stories of people passing while juggling family duties.  That fills me with a lot of encouragement and makes me feel a lot better.  

This test has nothing to do with how intelligent or capable we are.  Life is all about accepting the challenges and adversity it throws your way.  It would have been great to pass the first time. It would have been fantastic to pass the second time.  But for whatever reason, I'm not there yet. I'm going to keep working hard until I get it.  I'm not going to give up.  To you guys thinking about giving up, don't.  You'll get it.  Process it, grieve it, but come back with a vengeance.  Because now it's PERSONAL :)   We'll get this.  And when we see the green box, it will make it that much sweeter!  
You bring up an excellent point... it is personal and it WAS personal for me the third time. That's why not passing was hard to take, but not as hard as the 2nd time (strange but true). It's like I was so numb that I couldn't quite process what was happening. 

If I decide to do this a 4th time, I don't want it to take over my life again like it has the last 3 rounds. Spending 300+ hours of studying over 3 months has obviously not worked for me, so I need to find a balance that will allow me to spend quality time with my partner, study, work out and enjoy life....I feel like I know the material well enough to just practice, but then again if that's true why have I failed 3 times?.. Ugh...

I have all the references an ME would ever need to take the MDM exam, maybe speed is still my enemy. I also need to spend more time reviewing my diagnostic report to once again, identify the weak spots.

Thanks for the kind words and good luck to you next time as well....

I commend your determination sir. I too found out that the little green box with the word "PASS" in it eluded me for the third time yesterday. To say that I was devastated is an understatement.  Right now I am struggling to justify attempting this thing a fourth time, I don't know what I can do different, maybe I've been studying too much. The one thing that I can say is that I'm proud of my progress as my score has "improved" each time I've taken the exam (my last score was 49/80). I hope and pray that I and others like me find the RIGHT reason to take the exam again, and not just to soothe a bruised ego.

Good luck to you on your next attempt man.
I'm sorry :( my coworker failed 5 times and passed on the 6th attempt, even after spending thousands on classes the previous times. I don't blame you for the soul search, but that is awesome that you are improving! If you do retake it and you pass add a reply/topic and we can add you to the warriors who struggled and made it :D  

You bring up an excellent point... it is personal and it WAS personal for me the third time. That's why not passing was hard to take, but not as hard as the 2nd time (strange but true). It's like I was so numb that I couldn't quite process what was happening. 

If I decide to do this a 4th time, I don't want it to take over my life again like it has the last 3 rounds. Spending 300+ hours of studying over 3 months has obviously not worked for me, so I need to find a balance that will allow me to spend quality time with my partner, study, work out and enjoy life....I feel like I know the material well enough to just practice, but then again if that's true why have I failed 3 times?.. Ugh...

I have all the references an ME would ever need to take the MDM exam, maybe speed is still my enemy. I also need to spend more time reviewing my diagnostic report to once again, identify the weak spots.

Thanks for the kind words and good luck to you next time as well....
I totally understand.  I studied twice as hard and only scored 1 point higher than the first time, so I need to reevaluate my strategy as well. I think keeping a balance while studying is really important. Clearly you have the work ethic to get there, now it's just finding a study strategy that works for you. I know it's so disappointing to get that score, but I really feel like you have what it takes to get it. Thanks for the encouragement!  

I'm sorry :( my coworker failed 5 times and passed on the 6th attempt, even after spending thousands on classes the previous times. I don't blame you for the soul search, but that is awesome that you are improving! If you do retake it and you pass add a reply/topic and we can add you to the warriors who struggled and made it :D  
I didn't know there was a thread here for "warriors who struggled and made it"....maybe I can get some tips from them before I crack the books open again...

I totally understand.  I studied twice as hard and only scored 1 point higher than the first time, so I need to reevaluate my strategy as well. I think keeping a balance while studying is really important. Clearly you have the work ethic to get there, now it's just finding a study strategy that works for you. I know it's so disappointing to get that score, but I really feel like you have what it takes to get it. Thanks for the encouragement!  
It wasn't for lack of trying or discipline I'll tell you that. I have the grit that it takes and can definitely spend time grinding on problems...but that doesn't mean that I'm working on the right problems or using my time wisely. And clearly that hasn't been the case.

The soul searching will begin after the first of the year... for now I need to try to enjoy the holidays.

I did not pass it as well. It was my 1st time taking the PE Exam. I have been out of school for almost 20 years. I took the School of PE review course and hoping it would help me passing the exam. I had mixed feeling about passing after taking the exam. I took too much time and had to guess the remaining questions. I hope the next time around will be a different result. I have to change my approach and study.

I didn't know there was a thread here for "warriors who struggled and made it"....maybe I can get some tips from them before I crack the books open again...
I can start another thread and see what they say :D I'll start it up soon, stay tuned..

Your absolutely right, now its personal! Thanks for the motivation :D :beerchug:

It wasn't for lack of trying or discipline I'll tell you that. I have the grit that it takes and can definitely spend time grinding on problems...but that doesn't mean that I'm working on the right problems or using my time wisely. And clearly that hasn't been the case.

The soul searching will begin after the first of the year... for now I need to try to enjoy the holidays.
Yep enjoy the holidays!  You deserve it after all that hard work.

I did not pass it as well. It was my 1st time taking the PE Exam. I have been out of school for almost 20 years. I took the School of PE review course and hoping it would help me passing the exam. I had mixed feeling about passing after taking the exam. I took too much time and had to guess the remaining questions. I hope the next time around will be a different result. I have to change my approach and study.
I've been out of school for over 10...really wish I had taken it earlier while it was still fresh, but hindsight is 20/20.  You'll get it.  I need to work on exam time management as well.

Thanks for starting this.... I'll join the conversation ...

Together we  will win this Fight! Everyone else passing makes me happy and overshadowed my sadness and i am more pumped to get back into the ring and face my opponent for the third round. Knock out 

Latest posts

Back