World Travel - Top 25 Destinations (2016)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many on this particular list have you been to?

• Zero Places

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Less than 20% (0-4/25)

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • 20% (5/25)

• 40% (10/25)

• 60% (15/25)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100% (25/25)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

knight1fox3

Jedi MASTER & Friend of Capt. Solo
Reaction score
https://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Destinations-cTop-g1#1

1 London, United Kingdom

2 Istanbul, Turkey

3 Marrakech, Morocco

4 Paris, France

5 Siem Reap, Cambodia

6 Prague, Czech Republic

7 Rome, Italy

8 Hanoi, Vietnam

9 New York City, New York

10 Ubud, Indonesia

11 Barcelona, Spain

12 Lisbon, Portugal

13 Dubai, United Arab Emirates

14 St. Petersburg, Russia

15 Bangkok, Thailand

16 Amsterdam, The Netherlands

17 Buenos Aires, Argentina

18 Hong Kong, China

19 Playa del Carmen, Mexico

20 Cape Town Central, South Africa

21 Tokyo, Japan

22 Cusco, Peru

23 Kathmandu, Nepal

24 Sydney, Australia

25 Budapest, Hungary
3 - Amsterdam/Breda, Sydney, & Playa del Carmen

Last edited by a moderator:
4 - Paris, Barcelona, Rome, & Playa del Carmen

*technically* I've been to Amsterdam, but I never left the airport.

Technically 2. Tokyo & NYC.

I actually walked around NYC but I was only at Tokyo's airport to transfer to another plane. 

I've been to zero.  Seriously of all the places in the U.S. they picked NYC?  Umm, no thanks.  London, Bangkok, Tokyo, Paris, Rome--they're all giant cities that I have very little interest in.  Now Cusco, that's a different story, would love to visit there.  And Kathmandu.  Istanbul, not so much right now with all the Syria crap.

Seriously? Hanoi? Who came up with this list Jane Fonda?

The only place of interest to me would be Australia, to go dive the great barrier reef, but honestly that's about it

Seriously? Hanoi? Who came up with this list Jane Fonda?

The only place of interest to me would be Australia, to go dive the great barrier reef, but honestly that's about it
Same thoughts on Vietnam.  Really?  And I highly recommend adding TGBR to your bucket list.  It's pretty epic.  As is the surrounding rain forest. :thumbs:

I've been to 9 places on the list:  London, Paris, Prague, Rome, New York, Barcelona, Playa del Carmen, Cusco, and Budapest. Mrs. Ble and I love to travel and we enjoyed everyone of the places on the list that we've been.

2 and 9. How did Venice not make that list?

Syndey, Tokyo, and Ubud, Indonesia.  Of all of those, I'd probably only consider Ubud to be somewhere I would recommend travelling to. It's on the island of Bali and is just amazing - beautiful jungle, flowers, monkeys, Indiana Jones-style architecture everywhere, super friendly people and truly exotic cultural events.  Great food, great massage/spa places, incredible arts and crafts for sale (most of my home decorations and furniture comes from there), and everything is very inexpensive.  I went there several times in the 1990s and early 2000s.  I hear it's gotten more expensive and more commercialized since then, but I'd probably still rather go there than anywhere on the list. 

This list was clearly written by someone who prefers their vacation to consist of staying at a five star hotel, shopping for designer handbags, and nights on the town.  

Back