Westboro Baptist Church Chased Out Of Moore, Oklahoma

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJmike PE

Game Czar
Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/07/westboro-baptist-church-moore-oklahoma_n_5104904.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

Members of the Westboro Baptist Church showed up at Central Junior High School in Moore., Okla., on Sunday to picket -- but the people of Moore were not having it.

As the hate group waved their trademark "God Hates Fags" signs in the rain, hundreds of people lined up across the road to stand together against WBC.
Though WBC reportedly had a permit to picket for half an hour beginning at 2:00 p.m., they stayed for a mere eight minutes before hastily getting into their cars and driving away when Moore residents began to cross the picket lines. Police intervened to separate the protestors and counter-protestors as the WBC rushed to leave.

EG, yes, in riot control gear, but on this one, fuck these guys, they can all die a horrible death and I wouldn't feel the least bit bothered. Is that crass, harsh, heartless, stooping to their level... yes... I don't give a fuck. They can all die and I'll laugh at their funeral while swilling beer and lighting fireworks in protest.

But that's just me, you or course are free to form your own opinions.

Sorry, I'm kinder and gentler sapper these days. I'd drink a gatorade and light a campfire instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
bump so people see my edit... I don't want to be too gruff. I mean, these people have only made the families of fine soldiers I have personally known miserable during one of the most traumatizing experiences of their lives, spewed hate and venom in front of children (including their own) in the name of God which only creates deeper divides between people (regardless of your belief system, causing more discord is never good).

Anyway, I'm less concerned about my feelings toward Westboro Baptist Cult than how EG might have interpreted that. EG, that wasn't directed at you in any way. That was your comment being the stepping stone for my rant. Please don't think I was lashing out at you.

I am disapointed that any Conservative Christians get lumped in with the likes of these yahoos. These guys are from way out in left field and I'm glad that someone decided to stand up to them.

EG, yes, in riot control gear, but on this one, fuck these guys, they can all die a horrible death and I wouldn't feel the least bit bothered. Is that crass, harsh, heartless, stooping to their level... yes... I don't give a fuck. They can all die and I'll laugh at their funeral while swilling beer and lighting fireworks in protest.

Sorry, I'm kinder and gentler sapper these days. I'd drink a gatorade and light a campfire instead.

bump so people see my edit... I don't want to be too gruff. I mean, these people have only made the families of fine soldiers I have personally known miserable during one of the most traumatizing experiences of their lives, spewed hate and venom in front of children (including their own) in the name of God which only creates deeper divides between people (regardless of your belief system, causing more discord is never good).

Anyway, I'm less concerned about my feelings toward Westboro Baptist Cult than how EG might have interpreted that. EG, that wasn't directed at you in any way. That was your comment being the stepping stone for my rant. Please don't think I was lashing out at you.
It's all good Sap.

I have stood there in much less than riot gear (I don't think my bright orange reflective vest did me much good)... and listened to people call my husband... well I think the only thing I can pretty much type while at work is a, nope.... not that either.

It angers me, however, ... it's not fair for the cops, reservists that were called in, and just plain old government employees trying to do their job to have to end up stuck in the middle. Those people in the middle aren't allowed to take sides, so when they have to step in to mediate and break up a fight, it bugs the crap out of me.

I agree. Totally unfair for the persons doing the crowd control. And yet, it is part of our/their (whomever) Constitutional right. But it doesn't make it right.

Yes, EG, you are correct. I let myself get all worked up. In the end you are correct. I've been working on not being so angry and bitter, but there are still some triggers, this is one of them.

I'll stay out of this thread, probably best for my blood pressure and friendships simultaneously.

Back