Warp Drive

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. We touched a bit on some of this theory in Modern Physics during my undergrad. I remember it being VERY difficult to take everything you learned in classical physics and twist it to look at certain phenomena in different ways.

This is really interesting. I'd like to see a documentary on this, could you imagine the conference in Houston? Full of uber nerds.

I wouldn't want to be the first to try any such technology, but if warping or transporting technology is ever developed it would great for commuting to work!!!!

This is really interesting. I'd like to see a documentary on this, could you imagine the conference in Houston? Full of uber nerds.
And you are not an uber nerd, you of the 7,381 posts on eb.com?

So warp technology may become a reality, but not hyperspace technology, I hope? Because Event Horizon scared the poop out of me.

I was a physics major through my junior year of college.

The issue I always had with warp drive was that the concept of of traveling beyond the speed of light derived from Theory of Relativity was based more on the geometrical construct of time rather than linear x, y, z and possibly time as a fourth dimension than on the amount of "energy" generated by the warp drive core creating a singularity that would propel and bend space (e.g. more classical mechanics derived with a sprinkling of relativistic concepts).

How's that for g33ky?

And you are not an uber nerd, you of the 7,381 posts on eb.com?
I'd say a connoisseur of sorts.
paradox-500x400.jpg

Back