Unclaimed Property

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csb

Reaction score
I always see those lists the state puts out each year and think, "How do people lose things worth more than $50?!" I search my name anyway...and this year I'm on it.

Has this happened to anyone else?

IL has an entire website that is yearround. Mr snick had part of the security deposit from an old college apartment returned...it was only like $15. Which means they must have decided something didn't cost as much as they initially charged because he got most of the deposit back when he left.

my inlaws had several out there from insurance companies...don't know how that happened since they are still customers with them.

This is for $50 or more. All I can think of, since it doesn't say where it's from, is that it might be an uncashed reimbursement check.

The FAQ says, "I've lived at my address for more than 20 years? Why can't they find me?" The answer was that after three years they can give up trying and just make it the state's problem.

^Heck, where can you get hookers n blow for $50? I'm pretty sure the one legged trailer trash hooker and blow that's been stepped on twice with fruit fresh will cost you more than that! ;)

My wife did a search for her brother's estate and threw our names in just for the heck of it.

I'm getting $700 from NJ :party-smiley-048: :w00t: :Banane20: :thankyou:

I was on it last year. Got me a crispy $10 from a rebate they forgot to send me. I also checked several names of people I knew. Had two friends with less than $100 in the data base.

www.missingmoney.com

Mine was also blank. My step uncles all had something, but i surely ain't gonna tell 'em about it...

Nobody wants to give me free money. Useless website.

CA owes me $1.47, but I have to jump through hoops to get it.

^ I have to fill out a form and mail it back and then I get my money. $2 is coming from Colorado. I imagine it's just a token of their thanks for visiting so much.

Back