The riddle of the 'angel priest'

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
Pinned inside her mangled Mercedes, seriously injured and fading fast, Katie Lentz turned to her rescuers on the lonely open stretch of Missouri highway and asked them to pray.

Struck head-on by a drunk driver on Sunday morning, emergency workers had been battling for an hour and a half to free Lentz, but to no avail.

But as they joined hands a Catholic priest appeared, even though there were no bystanders and the road was blocked, who offered a prayer and an instruction to the rescuers that they would now be able to free her.

Suddenly, heavy equipment needed to cut through the metal arrived from a nearby town and Lentz was pulled from the wreck in time to be saved - but when they turned to thank the priest, he was gone.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2386627/The-riddle-angel-priest-Holy-man-appeared-pray-trapped-girl-rescuers-traffic-accident-told-OK-vanished.html#ixzz2bOlnz7sk

I know a similar situation ... It happened many years ago and this was second hand but ...

My sister and I worked at a restaurant in middle/high school everyone took off to go to six flags amusement park. My sister and I could not get off work and had to work that weekend. One cars in the caravan got pulled over for speeding; the other vehicles pull over farther up to stay as a group. One of the vans was hit by a semi-truck and one of the guys was killed. Many of the other people present reported that someone (who many described as an angel) was walking around saying that Nick was ok and not to worry about him ... which made everyone feel at peace. The guy apparently disappeared into thin air but only those who knew Nick saw him.

At the funeral viewing it was discussed and that is when everyone started to realize that only the people who knew Nick were the one's seeing him. Other's were in the caravan who did not work at the same place as all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not involving death, but when I was 21 we went on a trip to France for World Youth Day. The closing Mass site was packed and we couldn't get in. We camped out overnight outside of the site and decided in the morning to head back to our host parish to just listen on the radio (conditions were deteriorating fast). We were headed back and waiting for the bus, but the schedule had a note about service cancellations. We were trying to translate when a gentlemen came up to us and asked where we were headed. He said, "I'm headed that way! Follow me to the train station." He stayed just in sight enough for us to follow him. Once we saw the metro station, he disappeared. We looked around to thank him, since he said he was getting on the train, but he was gone.

Back