The hobbitt movie...protests likely due to a technicality

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickerd3

Taking suggestions
Reaction score
Read in article this morning. The movie claims no animals were harmed in the filming of the movie. But that doesn't count the animals that died on the farm they were storing them at when they weren't being filmed.

Animal wranglers were complaining of the cliffs, sinkholes, uneven terrain of the farm in New Zealand....hello it is a farm in new zealand they are located in the mountains there are bound to be all of the above issues.

Ha! animal rights people are going to have a frenxy with this one.

My favorite was the complaints about chickens getting killed by dogs. . .so what, we're supposed to stop natural predation now? You want the chickens to be in cages to be protected? Or do you want free-range chickens? You can't have it both ways.

the world is so screwed up, kids all over the planet and our country that get physically and mentally abused by their parents every day but all the animal rights hippies seem to push stuff like this into the news....

this is one area where I actually nearly totally agree with RG...

I understand the protection of some species that are endangered due to human impacts... especially if their extintion will have a chain reaction creating a greater impact on additional species... but sometimes enough is enough...most of the time I kind of feel like people protesting probably are actually doing more harm to their 'cause' then good

As long as you stand at a reasonable distance they don't look too bad...

We got people being bombed in the middle east. A guy gets dragged behind a car. If that happened here, everyone would need PTSD classes. When people have it too soft, they seem to seek out ways to fabricate problems such as dogs killing chickens.

Back