saw the coolest thing last night while trick or treating!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
First I aplogize I do not have any pics you will just have to trust me..

While out walking around the neighborhood last night I ran into a guy I sort of know in the neighborhood who is always building crazy stuff on and in his house,, one thing he has a built in gun range in his basement. True Story, very cool!

But last night I was walking up to his house and he asked me If I had seen his elevator...

Of course I answered no, and that yes I would like to see it..

He had found this mentioned in popular mechanics but long story short, you know how newer houses have these steep roof lines and lots of extra attic space, well in his bathroom I guess like most men we never get the fare share of the closet space, so he did a bathroom remodel and basically converted a small linen closet to an elevator that takes you to the attic, which he finished in for his closet space.. he said total cost on the elevator was $200 and that it was powered by water and a simple motor..

so you open the closet and ride up the elevator inside the closet into the attic, which is about a 20' X 15 ' room full of clothes and "stuff"

I am gonna try and go back and take some pictures but it was totally cool!

yeah. we need some pictures of that. sounds nifty.

it sounds cool, but I'm a little scared about you going into some guys house and riding in his elevator... I immediatly thought... 'it puts the lotion on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again...' the gun range concerns me too... but I have worked on building indoor ranges before and the technology is pretty cool...

Back