Question your water supply = Act of Terror?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
A Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation deputy director warned a group of Maury County residents thatunfounded complaints about water quality could be considered an "act of terrorism."

"We take water quality very seriously. Very, very seriously," said Sherwin Smith, deputy director of TDEC's Division of Water Resources, according to audio recorded by attendees. "But you need to make sure that when you make water quality complaints you have a basis, because federally, if there's no water quality issues, that can be considered under Homeland Security an act of terrorism."

Joycelene Johns, 68, has lived in Mount Pleasant off and on for about 30 years and has put up with cloudy, odd-tasting water for years.

"I'll drink it," she said, "but I pray before the first sip."

^^ Terrorist

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/06/21/official-says-water-complaints-act-of-terrorism/2445071/

While this is funny, being labeled a "Terrorist" means you might not get a lawyer or judge.

You might just be GITMO'd.

BTW, NSA is watching your replies.

Don't be a terrorist!

All I can think about when reading the title:

Question the water supply?

paddlin.jpg

I've heard, but haven't confirmed it for myself, that the 2012 IRC requires new homes to be tied to public water, if available. If you want a well, f you!

Back