Providing Transcripts on Application

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmntjmc

Reaction score
I'm going through the license application information (California) and I see it says to provide sealed transcripts with the application. Do they want us to send them directly to the application address or order transcripts to come to us and then send them out? 

I would think that if we personally send transcripts they wouldn't be considered "sealed" since we could have tampered with them.

Anyone who has done it can you shed some light please? 

Also, when you asked for the engagement references did you have them all complete the form, sign, and scan it back to you in PDF? 

Thank you all  

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure if this is what other people did, but at the time, I got the transcripts sent to me. My university sent them to me in sealed envelopes, which I just did not open and put straight into the manila envelope I sent my complete application in.

As far as the engagement references went, I filled out the information on each of them that I could within Adobe (or Bluebeam, or whatever), and then printed them out and sent them to my references (who were across the country) with a copy of the Information Collection, Access and Disclosure form, a plain envelope (for them to seal and stamp when sending the form back to me), a self-address and stamped return address (so they could send the references back to me) and a letter I wrote to them with instructions of what to do and when I would like the reference returned to me.

Then, when I got the engagement reference forms back, I included those stamped envelopes as well. Thankfully, it all worked out for me, though I gave myself a long lead time to get my application together because I knew they would take several days to get to where they'd going and come back, plus a period of time for them to send them back.

I'm not sure if @CAPLS has any insight into this, but this is fail proof way to go about it.

I am not sure if this is what other people did, but at the time, I got the transcripts sent to me. My university sent them to me in sealed envelopes, which I just did not open and put straight into the manila envelope I sent my complete application in.

As far as the engagement references went, I filled out the information on each of them that I could within Adobe (or Bluebeam, or whatever), and then printed them out and sent them to my references (who were across the country) with a copy of the Information Collection, Access and Disclosure form, a plain envelope (for them to seal and stamp when sending the form back to me), a self-address and stamped return address (so they could send the references back to me) and a letter I wrote to them with instructions of what to do and when I would like the reference returned to me.

Then, when I got the engagement reference forms back, I included those stamped envelopes as well. Thankfully, it all worked out for me, though I gave myself a long lead time to get my application together because I knew they would take several days to get to where they'd going and come back, plus a period of time for them to send them back.

I'm not sure if @CAPLS has any insight into this, but this is fail proof way to go about it.
Thank you very much for the insight. I appreciate it. 

If and when I pass, I will follow suit, print out the typed forms for engagement, and give everyone a copy of both with the return envelopes stamped. 

Thank you! 

Thank you very much for the insight. I appreciate it. 

If and when I pass, I will follow suit, print out the typed forms for engagement, and give everyone a copy of both with the return envelopes stamped. 

Thank you! 
It's annoying and time-consuming (with the mail and then depending on your references to fill the forms out, especially if you don't see them every day and they are located in a different part of the country), but it worked!

Back