Presentations

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Sometimes I can be just soooooooooooooo stupid !!!! :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

I made a caddy comment about the development of a presentation for a workshop that is a complete boondoggle. That was two months ago - simple presentation (15 mins or so), no problem, right?

Um .. yeah. Presentation is for tomorrow and I am pecking out a NEW presentation because my !@#$%^&* department transitioned to Office 2007 and now every fricken' file is defaulting to a non-backwards-compatible format! :eek:ldman:

Aaarrrrrggghhhh !!!!!!!!!! :brickwall:

/rant

Actually, I could laugh about this if I wasn't so backed into a corner over deadlines for a few things. I am trying to think happy thoughts ... but it just isn't working at the moment.

JR

JR, when you are in the new office document, click on that stupid ass looking windows symbol in the upper left corner, then select save as:

in the save as dialog box, there should be a TOOLS pulldown box, look for 'save options'

then, select it to save files in the 97-2003 format.

^^^ Yeah, I missed that early on. For some reason that put that option towards the bottom of the list. <_< I am going back to look at the file extensions now since they will save as .docx or .pptx if it IS NOT backwards compatible. Good news is that I wrapped my revised AND IMPROVED ppt up, so I can hit the road. :woot:

JR

Anyone else think that the massive changes in 2007 with rearranging all the toolbars has completely screwed it up?

Haven't seen 2007 yet... Our state-of-the-art computers are still running... Office 2003!!! Yeah!

I think we're running "Dos" still with 20/20 and Word Perfect........And using CLM cogo that I have to boot the machine to a Psystem console before I run it.....

J/K...I just thought I would take a trip back down memory lane! :wtlw:

I got 2007 at home, and even though the new toolbars take some getting used to, I like it better than 2003 overall. I especially like the built-in pdf conversion. I have taken several work documents home just for that reason. My freeware pdf converter at work tends to screw up Word graphics, and being such a Word-CAD stud, I hate that! :eek:ldman:

Iguess overall, 2007 is pretty good. The .pdf converter is really nice, as dleg said. We convert and send out documents (mainly attached in emails) w/o worrying about someone fudging with it.

But it does take some getting used to, which I haven't fully done.

My presentation started off well - I was able to use a little humor to wake up the crowd after lunch was settling in. I was 2/3 of the way through my presentation when the fire alarm sounded and we had to leave the hotel/conference room. <_< It turned out to be a false alarm and took awhile for everyone to return and settle back in thier seats. I was able to turn the incident into a bit of a joke and end on a high note.

I felt my presentation was bit white-bread but apparently it resonated with more than a few people. I ended up being able to kick my networking drive into high gear because I was able to OPTIMIZE my exposure and create a little side opportunity to highlight my practical/pragmatic approach to my job and not just your ordinary joe schmoe regulator :ph34r: :ph34r:

As far as Office 2007 - I am not a fan of working from old documents especially if they have heavy duty formatting. That seems to somehow get screwed up down the line. As far as starting off with a new 'clean' document - I have grown to like the layout in Office 2007. I thought it was real lame at first but have found the 'compressed' tabs to be somewhat useful once you learn the new system.

JR

Back