Political Correctness strikes again

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
satire/

Personally, I am further appalled. I saw a Star of David the other day - not only did the start have an inverted triangle in it (used to "badge" homosexual men in concentration camps), but it is eerily similar to the Seal of Solomon, which appeared on his ring and allowed him to make animals display anthropomorphic behavior, not to mention allow him to control genies. I demand they remove this symbol immediately from all stores!

And don't even get me started on those filthy "Christmas Trees" I see everywhere.

/satire

"NBC Los Angeles reported"

There's your problem. Angelenos have nothing productive to do, so they sit around and think of shit to complain about.

I was pretty shocked with I visited the largest seated Buddha statue in the world while in Hong Kong. There's a huge swastika on its chest, and swastikas are formed into the metal fences around a lot of areas surrounding the Buddha. That's when I realized that it is an ancient Chinese symbol used as a lucky symbol in Hindu and Buddhist religions. If the swastika was rotated 45 degrees and placed on a red flag, maybe there should have been some outrage. But just having a swastika on it could be a good thing. And I even think it's a stretch that there was a swastika on that wrapping paper. It looks like some sort of Celtic Cross kind of pattern that happened to have some corners that came together in a way that looks like a swastika.

"NBC Los Angeles reported"

There's your problem. Angelenos have nothing productive to do, so they sit around and think of shit to complain about.

I was pretty shocked with I visited the largest seated Buddha statue in the world while in Hong Kong. There's a huge swastika on its chest, and swastikas are formed into the metal fences around a lot of areas surrounding the Buddha. That's when I realized that it is an ancient Chinese symbol used as a lucky symbol in Hindu and Buddhist religions. If the swastika was rotated 45 degrees and placed on a red flag, maybe there should have been some outrage. But just having a swastika on it could be a good thing. And I even think it's a stretch that there was a swastika on that wrapping paper. It looks like some sort of Celtic Cross kind of pattern that happened to have some corners that came together in a way that looks like a swastika.
much like everything else, the Nazi's stole the swastika from the Buddhists.

Back