Paul Cuomo Surveying PE book

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sab35263

Reaction score
Did anyone used this book to study for the Civil PE surveying portion of the exam? Is this book any good? Is it worth buying or get another refernce? Please let me know.

Thanks

I'm using that book.

It seems pretty good but I believe that it's not the only game in town.

The CA Surveying exam seems to generate polarized opinions. It's not like the CA Seismic exam, which practically everyone agrees is difficult. Some people find the CA Surveying exam to be surprisingly easy; other people think it's a nightmare.

And you will also get conflicting opinions about the Cuomo book. I was one of the people who found the CA Surveying exam to be easy (passed on the first try), and I thought the Cuomo book was just fine. But ... you will also find other people who have struggled with this exam, and who feel strongly that the book is inadequate. So your mileage may vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone used this book to study for the Civil PE surveying portion of the exam? Is this book any good? Is it worth buying or get another refernce? Please let me know.
Thanks
I suggest looking for something better. Although I haven't taken the real exam yet, even in doing my sample questions from various sources I find that the Cuomo book lacks the info for many questions. It hits most of the baselines, but it doesn't cover enough to make me comfortable relying on it.

I suggest looking for something better. Although I haven't taken the real exam yet, even in doing my sample questions from various sources I find that the Cuomo book lacks the info for many questions. It hits most of the baselines, but it doesn't cover enough to make me comfortable relying on it.
What would you suggest then ??

After going through the "the other board" materials...

I think the only "good" book they have is the two sample surveying exams. I suggest going to www.surveyingreview.com, buying Mahallati's practice book, then buying the latest edition of "Elementary Surveying: An Introduction to Geomatics" by Wolf. I wish I had the leftover budget now to get that book. After skimming through it I know I'll end up buying it for next April if I fail next week.

Latest posts

Back